HELP PLEASE MOMs- stubborn belly bulge from 2 kids

Options
I am a shorty. Only 5'1". I am narrow in hips, small butt, and fairly small arms. I only carry that stupid bulge on my stomach. Does anyone know of any particularly good exercises for toning the tummy? I had my boys 11 months apart, so my abs are missing in there somewhere. Will it ever go flat? Burpees, planks, and cardio are not working like I want!!

Replies

• kirstinkrueger
    Options
    watching this! I have the same question.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Good luck on finding some exercises to help lose it. I will be watching it too. I walk a lot, but I still have the flab there too.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    mine is "almost" flat with undies on if that makes since, nothing is hanging over front or sides, I have lost weight before and I actually had a FLAT stomach, never any ab definition though so that is what I am shooting for, as long as undies or a bathing suit will hide the majority I will be happy!!!!!!
  • Thunderella05
    Options
    I have that same issue, 2 kids less than 2 years apart and the only thing that I have been doing, and that FINALLY seems to be working, is P90X plus running, pretty much everyday. I've managed to drop 3 inches in about 3 weeks time. And the only place that I carry the weight is in my stupid stomach too. I hope this helps.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i do zumba. i have dropped 2 jean sizes in 3 weeks and my hubby has said where did your stomach go. i had a c-section a little over two years ago and i can honestly say i even notice is going down. good luck.
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know the answer to this one too!

Actually, I've been doing leg raises and knee-ins and they have been helping. I have had 2 kids as well and got up to 200 lbs with each of them on a 5'3" frame. I have a cool DVD called Just Abs by Joyce Vedral. She gives an ab workout to do for each day that you do in addition to your regular daily workout. She's really funny, down to earth, and makes the workout go by quickly.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I have had three kids, and only have lost my belly since doing hot yoga....still have the loose skin, but not as noticeable now!! I'm even jumping into a 2 piece swimsuit this year! I am 5'9" though, with a long torso.
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    mine is "almost" flat with undies on if that makes since, nothing is hanging over front or sides, I have lost weight before and I actually had a FLAT stomach, never any ab definition though so that is what I am shooting for, as long as undies or a bathing suit will hide the majority I will be happy!!!!!!

I know exactly what you mean. Belly button up, its fine. Belly button down and its stretchmark city. I know I will never wear 2 piece again. My kids were worth the skin damage, but I would really like to have fun shopping again.

I downloaded the couch25k app on my phone. Was a runner in high school and was thinking about doing it when all this stupid snow melts!! I am motivated to try running now!
  • DancingYogini
    Options

I know exactly what you mean. Belly button up, its fine. Belly button down and its stretchmark city. I know I will never wear 2 piece again. My kids were worth the skin damage, but I would really like to have fun shopping again.

I downloaded the couch25k app on my phone. Was a runner in high school and was thinking about doing it when all this stupid snow melts!! I am motivated to try running now!

I am wearing boy shorts from Athleta as my bathing suit bottoms...totally covers all of the stretch marks, and they hit right below the belly button!!
  • sunrizes
    sunrizes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness someone had the guts to put this topic out there. I remember after my second C-section and I was back down to size and asked my OB what I could do to get rid of the remainder of my belly. He told me plastic surgery was the only thing to help. Now after 2 more C-sections (total of 4) my "zipper" area is just toast. I am working on rebuilding the muscles underneath, but the skin is going to be there. I loved the suggestion for the Ab video and the fact that none of you are giving up on your body b/c of stretch marks and bellies. I need to be more kind to myself. Keep the ideas coming.
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I was doing kickboxing 2 yrs ago for a yr and lost about 20 lbs only, but lost alot of inches and dress sizes. My hubby especially noticed my baby tummy leftovers had gone waaay down too in just 8 weeks! I had a natural & a c-section, both kids almost 10 lbs...so i stretched out a ton (hubbys very tall, lol). Try cardio kickboxing, it worked for me! I had surgery & stopped working out completely, & it all came back + some :( Hoping MFP will get me back on track for good. Good luck!
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am the same in height and build. I have stored mosrt of my fat in my belly my whole life. I have noticed that it has responded to Jillian michales' 30 day shred and ripped in 30 because she does a lot of abs work. I definitely see improvement, though my belly is stubborn and refuses to show improvement at the same rate as the rest of my body.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in Irishdancer saying that Hot Yoga has helped. I've been doing it for about 6 weeks and have really noticed the increased definition in my arms (and have measured a big loss there), so I'm looking forward to seeing what it will do to the tummy when I've lost some more weight. When I lost 20 kgs 2 years ago, there was quite a lot of skin overhang left.

GG
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I'm interested in Irishdancer saying that Hot Yoga has helped. I've been doing it for about 6 weeks and have really noticed the increased definition in my arms (and have measured a big loss there), so I'm looking forward to seeing what it will do to the tummy when I've lost some more weight. When I lost 20 kgs 2 years ago, there was quite a lot of skin overhang left.

GG

:smile: My arms are really defined now, which is awesome. I noticed my waist going down after about a month or so, it kind of surprised me! I think the poses where you twist helped a lot. I also do a little yoga sculpt, which is with weights and has a lot of push ups, sit ups, etc...