What to eat when you have 431 Calories left for the day

Options
MikeInAZ
MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
What do I eat? I've eaten dinner, I'm not hungry at all. But I have 431 Calories left for the day. I might have mis-calculated lunch by 100-200 calories, but still, that leaves me with 200-300 calories left for the day.

I hear mint chocolate chip ice cream calling me. That's ONLY 170 calories per 1/2 cup.

I've had more veggies today than a midwest farmer, so PLEASE no more!!!!

Any suggestions, or should i just go for the ice cream?

- Mike

Replies

• jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    If you are up for a treat and can stop at just a1/2 cup, absolutely. Everything in moderation, not deprivation! If you want a healthier choice nuts, peanut butter, protien shake or bar.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the above post!

Good luck!
  • elbandito
    elbandito Posts: 157
    Options
    Have an omlette.

Easy to make. Two eggs, a little cheese and a little ham. Yum.
  • ambivalence11
    ambivalence11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your ice cream for your day of good eating.

PS
    I'm also an Arizonan.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Calorie dense but healthy options like nuts, nut butters, avocado etc, great way to up your calories while doing it with healthier choices.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I wish my problem was not knowing what to do with extra calories -___-
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I forget what ice cream taste likke is it good
  • AriyahIsrael
    AriyahIsrael Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm with mint chocolate icecream idea. Btw...I've read you that we shouldn't eat the exact same calories (nor the same foods) everyday. It's normal to eat less than you're caloric goal one day and more another. This tricks your metabolism, preventing it from storing fat. Enjoy our 170 calories in ice cream and dont stress yourself over the deficit. Great job@ all the veggies :)!
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I'd want to end my day with that much sugar, but it probably won't kill you this once. When I'm looking for a dessert on the healthier side I opt for strawberries with low-cal whipped cream... Yumm :)
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with the first post. If you can stop with 1/2 cup go for it. Also agree with the other post that says we shouldn't eat the same calories each day. We want to "keep our body guessing". So a few less calories one day and a few more then next is a good thing.

Enjoy the ice cream!

:flowerforyou:
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I'd just go for the ice cream. Sounds like your diet is in good shape. Enjoy.
  • jb83
    jb83 Posts: 38
    Options
    Ice cream all the way!!!!

The best way to stop at just 1/2 cup of ice cream is to put it on top of a Kebler cake cone (15 cals for the cone)!!!
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    *nods at above posts* yep, if you want the icecream go for it. I'm more along the lines of not eating if I'm not hungry--I try to do what my body wants/needs.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    If you want the ice cream then go for it! Sometimes I will have a bowl of honey nut cheerios for dessert. Yummy!!!! But tonight's dessert was these yum yum brownie muffins from hungrygirl.com and they are only 181 calories a piece. You could have two!! They bake in like 15 minutes and mix up in a flash! One box of devil's food cake mix and a can of pumpkin. Here is a link to the recipe: http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/367 Whatever you choose, make it count!! :flowerforyou:
  • mrbyrnes2
    Options
    If you're not hungry at all don't let the calories play mind games with you. Read a good book and call it a day. Keep up the good work!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    And I also agree about eating ice cream in a regular size cake cone. One of those cones filled with a small dome of ice cream on top is right at 1/2 cup. :bigsmile:
  • kimberpet3015
    kimberpet3015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can give the extras to me!! :) lol...
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I know that a lot of people on this site disagree with me, but I don't eat if I'm not hungry. After working out today I have almost 500 calories left. I eat a good breakfast and eat healthy food every couple of hours all day. If I'm not hungry and have eaten all day I won't force myself to eat just to get to a certain number of calories. But who knows, tomorrow I could be starving and go over my calories, but I try not to worry about that either.

That being said, if you want to eat and have the calories, go for the ice cream!