Attention all tall girls!!

Options
I was just wondering what everyone's height/weight was for taller people. I here all of these people who want to be 125 or 115, yeah right, i think my bones weight more than that.
I'm 5'10/11" and weight 165

Replies

• areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I was just wondering what everyone's height/weight was for taller people. I here all of these people who want to be 125 or 115, yeah right, i think my bones weight more than that.
    I'm 5'10/11" and weight 165
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Im tall!
  • KBagwell
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I would love to be between 135-145....Right now I'm 179lbs. :cry:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i'm 6'0" started about about 178 and now i'm at about 158, I started out just wanting to lower my body fat, i'm pretty muscular. I wouldnt ever go below155 i'd look like a starvation victim!
  • jree435
    jree435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey there

I'm 5'10" and my target is 170 - 175. II'm currently at 196 and started my weight loss journey at 230. I could never be 115 in my wildest dreams, although my wild dreams never seem to involve me being stick skinny :laugh: They do constantly feature hot guys - who knew :bigsmile:

What you should weight does depend a lot on your build. I'm a curvy girl l always have been, even when I was a size 10/12 (that's my target) I've got hips and thighs and legs and breasts and shoulders and I like the way I'm built. My mom and I are the same height and she's not nearly as curvy as I am. She's more narrow in the shoulders and hips and is smaller chested.

FInd out what your doctor says about a healthy weight based on your build and go for it hunney.

Tall girls ROCK!!!!!!!!!
  • GlassKisses
    Options
    I'm not like...REALLY tall...I'm 5' 8.5"
    I weight 177 :tongue:
    I started out at 225, and I'm pretty satisfied, though I do have a few more lbs. to go..
    My goal weight is 160. But If I stay how I am now I won't exactly be heartbroken :smile: tehe
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Great topic! I have a lot of petite friends, and it is comforting to know that I am not alone out there! I am 5'10" weigh in this morning about 157. Started out about 170. I like to think of myself on maintenance now, if I lost a couple LBs great, but I am more interested in losing some inches around my middle and keeping tone, fit, and healthy overall!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely right- if you weighed 130lbs, we'd have to hold a food drive in your honor. :laugh:

That's where BMI comes in- it is an index which takes into account both your height and weight, so it may make a better weight loss goal. The caveat to the BMI, is that it was designed for the average sedentary person and does not take into account a person's lean body mass. As a result, a muscular person may have a high BMI, but in that scenario it would not be of consequence.

BMI= weight in kg/height in meters squared

J. Coleman, MD
  • TheNettis
    TheNettis Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yaaa Im tall :bigsmile:

Im 5' 9 and I started out weighing 196 and now I weigh 180. My goal is to weigh 150 so I got some more work ta do. But thank God for this height it helps kinda even things out :tongue:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    5'8" and 151 lbs... size 6 or 8 depending on the store :)
  • kj9999swim
    Options
    OK, I win...i'm almost 6'1"! I weigh between 165 and 172 and am a competitive masters swimmer. Although I always think I can get down to 160, it never happens. I think this is the right range for me. I basically eat and drink what I want, within reason, and keep moving!:bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I would love to be between 135-145....Right now I'm 179lbs. :cry:

I'm 5'8 currently 180-something and would LOVE to see the 150s!

O....and I should add my hubby loves it when I take off my heels and am shorter than he....:laugh:
  • jree435
    jree435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    OK, I win...i'm almost 6'1"! I weigh between 165 and 172 and am a competitive masters swimmer. Although I always think I can get down to 160, it never happens. I think this is the right range for me. I basically eat and drink what I want, within reason, and keep moving!:bigsmile:

Letme say I'm soooooooooo jealous I would love to be as tall as you are. 5'10 is tall for a girl I want to be tall full stop end of sentence oh well such is life :ohwell: competitive swimming must keep you in great shape. lucky girl. :smile:

For me 170 put me in a size 10/12 anything less and I start to look sick :sick:
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    yeah my jaw always drops when I hear the weight of shorter girls, I wish! I used to feel embarrassed to mention how much I weigh, which is now around 173 with more work to go. But really I've learned not to compare myself to what I think of as the norm, especially when I have more then a foot of height difference on some of my petite friends!
  • areay
    Options
    This has been such a great discussion! I feel a little better now, knowing that there are other tall people out there!!!:bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    yeah my jaw always drops when I hear the weight of shorter girls, I wish! I used to feel embarrassed to mention how much I weigh, which is now around 173 with more work to go. But really I've learned not to compare myself to what I think of as the norm, especially when I have more then a foot of height difference on some of my petite friends!

O totally! And I cannot WAIT to be 170 again....I think I really didn't love it as much as I should have.
  • kj9999swim
    Options
    Thanks, Jree!:heart:
  • areay
    Options
    What about waist size. I feel like mine is huge, but maybe it's my body type. I have a 32, measure right above the belly button.
    But, it's a 36 right below. Weird???