HRMs - Which are the best to buy?

Options
Hello all! I am posting this topic because I am having a difficult time deciding which kind of heart rate monitor to buy for my workouts. I want one that counts calories, tells time, as well as, functions as a heart rate monitor! :)

For any of you that have one can you tell me about it and why you chose it?

Katja

Replies

• alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Be sure to get one with a chest strap, they're more accurate than wrist or finger ones
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    I went with the Polar after reading tons of reviews...it seems the most consistent, everyone seems to love them. I have the F11, However theres are many cheaper ones as well. Mine was about 110
  • niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar after doing research and I've had no issues.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Get one with a chest strap... Recommend a Polar
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7. It does everything you're looking for plus logs everything over time. I really like it so far but I've only been using it for a couple of days.
  • rubyrider
    rubyrider Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Spend the money and get a polar with a chest strap. This is one item that you get what you pay for - spend the extra money and it will be worth it.

Good Luck!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6 and I love it. :happy:
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 as well. I did alot of research and read alot of product reviews online before getting it. It was the cheapest one for the features I wanted: I wanted a HRM that calculated calories burned. It was $88 new from Sears.

I've been using it for a few weeks now and I absolutely love it.

It does come with the chest strap and transmitter. I find the women's version of the watch a bit ugly (black and gold) but that is my only complaint. The chest strap is very comfortable. I've worn it for up to 3 hours with no discomfort and I'm fairly finicky.

Hope that helps!
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! Your feedback is great appreciated! Have a great weekend!