Cystic Fibrosis

Options
Hi Everyone, I'm somewhat new here at MFP. I've been using it for about a month now.

15 months ago, I gave birth to two beautiful twin boys. Unfortunately, within days, we were informed that they were both plauged with Cystic Fibrosis. This lead to my weight gain, and my demise. I went downhill fast, trying to deal with the complications of this disease, trying to be a new mom to twins, and trying to take care of myself at the same time.

I put myself aside, to better them, and now I'm realizing i need to take care of myself too.

On May 30th, 2010 I'm walking in the Great Strides walk for Cystic Fibrosis

If anyone would like to so generously donate to the cause, and join our fight for their lives, please visit my link

thankyou

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=823340&langPref=en-CA

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your babies!
  • Hotbysummer
    Options
    my daughter, Madeline, was diagnosed with CF on 1/23/2009, just 2 weeks after giving birth to my youngest daughter. I remember all too clear what that feeling is like. I put on so much weight after Maisy was born. I hope that the days are getting easier, and your babies are happy and very healthy! I will always be here if you need a shoulder =) this is an amazing site!
  • Nickym24
    Nickym24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Nicole Matthews I am 24 years old and live everyday with Cystic Fibrosis in Buffalo, NY. I am a mentor in this field and I am always open for discussion with this disease. It is something I have learned to live with and except. I hope I can touch one persons life with my story. I am currently working on publishing a book called "The Abnormal Nicole". It is about how no matter what life throws at you, you can over come anything. Please feel free to contact me on facebook. God Bless and Be Well! :) Nicole
  • Npieces
    Options
    Hi I am a respiratory therapist in Kansas. I have work with CF children for years working in ped and PICU units in hospital before changing to Pulmonary Function Testing as a specialty. I see CF patients on a regular basis. I have done the walk here and its a great way to raise $$. I hope it does well there!!