Chipping away @ Mid Section.

Options
Hey Guys and Ladies,

I've just started my weight lost/toning journey...YAAY!!! My major questions would be: what is the best way to absolutely tighten up my midsection. I would love to be able to have a ZERO body fat there but I'd settle for just a little :-). And (2) When losing weight does your breasts reduce any in size? I would love to come down several bust sizes as well. Tips anyone?!!

155lbs
5'0
42DDD

Replies

• n0pants3ver
    n0pants3ver Posts: 175
    Options
    Bump! I'd love to lose my boobies too lol
  • FAMILY02184
    Options
    Hi there, I know for a fact Breast size you lose... That happened to me a few years ago when I was a 44D O went down to a 40C
    tome that was a hell of alot.. LOL.....

I too need to lose my midesecton but that to me seems the hardest.. good luck.

How long did it take you to lose the 3lbs, I lost as well
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    PLANKS ARE AMAZING! also, bicycle crunches, hanging leg raises, reverse crunch, scissor kicks and flutter kicks.

I totally lost a cup within the first month! You should definitely lose there and it's usually the first to go. Hope this helps! : )
  • jms023
    jms023 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yeah...you lose some boobs. I kinda miss mine. I was only a full C cup but they looked so good! Now I think I am a smaller C cup :( Oh well, I will give up the boobs for some six pack abs!
  • ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    First place I lost was in my face and breasts and upper chest area (just below the breasts). It's very hard to target just one area but if you do Cardio 3 to 5 times a week and can build up to 45 min to an hour and add some strengthening exercises you should see results all over!
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem. I have lost alot of weight over the past year and a half but my breast size is still the same. Well my cup is still a DDD. My chest size has gone down from a 46 to a 42DDD. But them bobies don't want to leave me, and I wish they would abort ship...lol...Good luck on having them shrink and if you find the "cure" let me know
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Yep you loose boobs, some people do more than others. It is the first place I noticed that I was losing weight, and I didn't want to lose them. :(
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    You do need some body fat for survival.

Breasts are fat so yea, they should shrink. Some people don't lose their breasts though.
  • saguate
    saguate Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Since I'm a guy I cannot answer your second question. :blushing:

Although the question on the mid-section, well it comes down to one word... diet.

Not diet in starve yourself but a diet focused on clean calories. I'm currently 15.5% body fat trying to shave down to 8%. I'll burn up to 1200 calories in a single workout and I have been at that pace for two months. No abs to show for it. Not until I found a book called "Clean Eating" did I finally come out of denial and gave up the last little thing I was holding onto, not so clean food, like red meat.

No matter how many crunches or how much you exercise you do, without a proper nutritional diet focused on clean calories, it's ends up being a lot of effort with little gain. Keep in mind you don't starve yourself, in fact I am eating way more than before. When you concentrate on eating clean, you'll be amazed on how much food you have to eat to get to your daily calorie goal.

Since I'm not an expert, look up TrainerRobin's profile and read all the blogs she has posted. She is the one I'm crediting for getting me on the right track.
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i dunno if anyone has answered this but you can't spot reduce through diet and exercise. your belly disappears once your body starts to use the fat stored there as energy, but there is no way to actually have your body target a specific region. it' could disappear over the next few weeks or even months as you lose weight (and you'll notice weight loss in other places as well like your face, arms, thighs, breasts, etc).

just keep up with your diet and exercise and the belly will disappear.
  • abihaila
    abihaila Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A tip I got from a girl at work. And its working for me. Set the tread mill for a really high incline and do that for at least 20 min at a time. You get carido and if you don't hold on and use your core to balance your self then you work your core. And thats really bringing up my tummy.

I look a lot better now that I've been doing that.

Good luck.
  • 86leilani
    Options
    @ FAMILY02184 That makes me SOOOO HAPPY down to a C? omg I freaking wish. That gives me so much hope. I lost three lbs in like a week. That's only because Immediately cut back and allllll the crap i used to eat and have been hitting the gym daily. I put back on 1lb but I think it's muscle weight.
  • 86leilani
    Options
    @Tiana405 Thanks so much. Those have been a part of my regiment so I'm excited to know that I'm on the right track!!!
  • 86leilani
    Options
    @jms023 - I'll ALL of my boobs for some abs...forget the abs I'll settle for a flat mid section if that's what it came down to lol
  • dfresh926
    dfresh926 Posts: 48
    Options
    i dunno if anyone has answered this but you can't spot reduce through diet and exercise. your belly disappears once your body starts to use the fat stored there as energy, but there is no way to actually have your body target a specific region. it' could disappear over the next few weeks or even months as you lose weight (and you'll notice weight loss in other places as well like your face, arms, thighs, breasts, etc).

just keep up with your diet and exercise and the belly will disappear.
    i completely agree!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl so let me answer your question.

1. Breast size - it depends on the person but in general running will shrink your breasts as will doing a lot of cardio. There are some women here that have not had a reduction in size and are doing cardio and running...so it depends on your genetics, diet, etc.

2. Stomach toning - again, depends on the person and your genetic make up. You will need a lot of cardio to get the fat off. I suggest doing abs workouts, either by dvd or at the gym several times per week. The cardio will melt the fat, the abs workouts will tone the muscles in there which is what you want.

Check out this girl's journey on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX6tLSqt57E
  • fitkitty1
    fitkitty1 Posts: 56
    Options
    As I work out my boobs have gone from a D to a C... and they look even better (lol) :blushing: