michael thurmond?

Options
Hola everyone! Has anyone tried his program out? I am thinking of purchasing though it is a bit expensive for me. My momma-in-law claims it is the BEST. But I would like to hear that from more people before I go and spend 100 + bucks on this crap. Ya know? Well really, my thing is I need some type of menu. Good, healthy food to eat...I don't get a lot of computer time at home...and here at work I have a slow a** computer so I cannot really research food and everything else as much as I'd like. (really not supposed to be on the web i guess....work is a place to work:yawn: ) So if anyone has tried him out or knows a good meal plan or anything?? HELP!!! I am 5'4 1/2 :ohwell: and weigh 167...if that helps??
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• angelica1983
    Options
    Hola everyone! Has anyone tried his program out? I am thinking of purchasing though it is a bit expensive for me. My momma-in-law claims it is the BEST. But I would like to hear that from more people before I go and spend 100 + bucks on this crap. Ya know? Well really, my thing is I need some type of menu. Good, healthy food to eat...I don't get a lot of computer time at home...and here at work I have a slow a** computer so I cannot really research food and everything else as much as I'd like. (really not supposed to be on the web i guess....work is a place to work:yawn: ) So if anyone has tried him out or knows a good meal plan or anything?? HELP!!! I am 5'4 1/2 :ohwell: and weigh 167...if that helps??
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
  • lmwardx
    lmwardx Posts: 74
    Options
    you can find it cheaper on ebay!
  • fit4fun
    fit4fun Posts: 84
    Options
    There was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. I think they titled in 6 week makeover or something. Tons of people responded if I remember correctly.
  • cbell
    cbell Posts: 10
    Options
    I didn't follow it one hundred percent, and yet I've had major success with that plan - more than with anything else (and I've been on a LOT of silly diets) I combined it with some things that I learned from Body for Life. I recommend it - although if you can find it cheaper - obviously go for it. If you are not sure about the cost - and you have not tried Body for Life yet - you might want to do that. It is not easy to stick with - but you could at least get the book used or free at the library?

Good luck!
  • Rawmissmiss
    Options
    I followed this plan to a tee back in 2002 to 2003, for 1 yr & lost 110 lbs! I loved it, and to this day still use it as a basis to eat healthy. In 5 yrs since hitting my goal, I have only gained 25 back (hence the reason I am here!:ohwell: ), but that has really only been in the past 2 yrs. I have been sick a lot & moved across country twice back to back, living in hotels for 3 mos at a time while awaiting our next house(s). So, for what it's worth, the program is well worth the money. Also, Michael Thurmond has a book out now which is the basics of the program that you can purchase instead, if you don't want to put the money out for it. And yes, Body For Life is very similar, as is Jorge Cruz's plan, can't remember what it's called, but you can google his name and find it.
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

I purchased the program over 2 years ago and found it be very good. My daughter who was 15 at the time completed 2 months with great success (lost over 20 lbs). You are never hungry because it feels like you are always eating. The food selection isn't bad and if you purchase the cookbook and eating out guide you are set for a while. Now with that being said, I'm currently doing a variation of the program because it does require some preplanning and preparation which I don't have the time for (crazy work hours). I do stick to the recommend foods and amount listed along with eating every 3 hours. This is the second time I have used the program. The first time I lost 30 lbs in 2 1/2 months with doctor supervision. Unfortuantely, I got sick and requried the use of steriods so there went the 30 and it brought 30 friends with it. :sad: Anyway, the program isn't for everyone because it requires committment but I do recommend it. Check the actual site because they do have a money back guarentee and ff you want any additional information PM me. Hope that helps
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    ...as is Jorge Cruz's plan, can't remember what it's called, but you can google his name and find it.

The 3-Hour Diet. To me, the only similarity to The Six Week Body Makeover plan is eating every 3 hours or so. There are waaay more food choices on The 3-Hour Diet.

If I had to do The Six Week Body Makeover again, I would definitely use a little lite salt or salt substitute in my food. I really don't think it would cause that many problems, especially since you're required to drink 100 oz. of water per day!