For you ladies with long hair...

Options
2»

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My hair is long and I just put it in a pony tail. Mine is long enough that it goes down past my neckline so it does not bother me too much. If it does that I just fold the pony tail over and tuck it in the rubber band
  • TheHottestMama
    Options
    i just throw mine up in a high ponytail and on the last loop dont pull it all the way through....just make it verrrrrrrrry tight.
    you could also bobby pin it to make it not bounce around
    wile its up like that.....
    like how its all floppy pinn it down...doubt it will bounce.

hell id make sure it didnt bounce with bobbypins
    im a retired (till my kids are adults) hairstylist
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    How do you keep it out of your way when working out?

I usually just put it in a pony tail, but depending on what shirt I'm wearing, sometimes it really annoys me when it touches my back. I've also tried buns but that doesn't work well with high impact, it seems to just work it's way out or annoy me with bouncing.

My hair right now is a little past my shoulder blades, and I plan to grow it out to my waist/hips for a while.

Do you gals have any tips, or do I just have to cut it or put up with it?

I also have quite long hair and HATE when it touches me when I work out :)......I am not sure how to explain it but I put it into a fairly tight pony tail and then when there is one more loop that i can take my hair through I only take half my hair through so I end up with a pony tail loop that is less than half the length of my hair....I have no idea if that just make sense :) lol....the higher the pony tail the shorter your hair will be in the end.....if that doesn't make sense let me know and I will try to find a pic on the net of what I am describing.....
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I need it OUT of my face, OFF my shoulders, and all TIED up!

It doesn't look very good, but I make a pony tail, wrap it in a bun on the top of my head (so you can do crunches without it being in the way) and then clip the bun all around with about 4 or 5 of those teeth clip -hair clips. It does not move!

My hair is far too heavy to wear a pony, so this works beautifully!
    :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Braided high pony tail, wrap it around into a bun...lots of clips & rubber bands. I can't stand it when it gets in my face so sometimes I throw a headband into the mix, too. Its a word of art. :laugh: