*Snowflkes to Sunshine* Discussion Week #13 4.1.11

Options
Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
Well what an appropriate day for a weigh-in and discussion on our successes and goals for this week. It is April 1st! We are 3 months into this challenge already! WOW! So let's think big this week...How are we feeling about this weeks either loss, maintain, or gain? Also, some of us have been slipping lately with putting our goals down here in the discussion...so what are your goals for this upcoming week...? Give me at least 3! And also, what do you really want to focus on and stay consistent with this entire month?

Great job in advance for those who have loss or maintained this week. For anyone that has gained, I think all of us know by now that we go through these cycles...lol so don't sweat it, just chug the water, make sure your body is rested and keep pushing!

Replies

• punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Great job in advance for those who have loss or maintained this week. For anyone that has gained, I think all of us know by now that we go through these cycles...lol so don't sweat it, just chug the water, make sure your body is rested and keep pushing!

I was only going to bump cause I gained and was going to rant then I read what cha wrote girly... so instead of a rant... you may get a well thought out statement later!!!
    Thanks!!!
    xoxo - S
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The scale showed me a gain of +2 today which puts me back at 187.
    Disappointing, but not surprising. The last two weeks have been bad for me. Bad eating. Bad exercising. Everything.

I'm not dismayed, actually I'm proud of myself for not giving up. Even though I was eating poorly I still did a little exercise and I tried to watch my calories (except a couple of times when I ate enough out of emotional distress to feed a small army).

Climbing back on the wagon has been difficult but I did it. I worked out 4 days this week and I feel great. Today I start the 30 Day Shred and honestly, if I didn't have this website I probably wouldn't have gotten into my workout clothes today, so I am very thankful I'm here and surrounded by wonderful women like all of you.

My goals for the week are simple:

Yoga 3x
    30DS every day
    Eat clean and within my calories
    Drink LOTS of water and tea; no coffee
    Sleep at least 8 hours a night

I am really seeing how difficult it is going to be for me to get under 180 - I'm going to have to fit for every pound I want off. Is that a product of turning 30 this past year? Regardless, it is finally sinking in how permanent this change is and how much work is ahead of me in the next few months. Bring it on!! :)
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I feel that I am back on track. I lost 1.4 pounds between last week and this week. I am very excited about that:wink:

What worked was taking it one day at a time! That was really important-and will have to be my continued focus!

This week my goals are:
    More exercise
    One day at a time with tracking/eating well
    Paying attention to my triggers

I think that we are all doing so well! Three months into this-and I think that we have come a long way. Even if some of us haven't lost a lot-we have gained friends and more ideas for our continued journey.

Good luck everyone!!!:drinker:
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Well what an appropriate day for a weigh-in and discussion on our successes and goals for this week. It is April 1st! We are 3 months into this challenge already! WOW! So let's think big this week...How are we feeling about this weeks either loss, maintain, or gain? Also, some of us have been slipping lately with putting our goals down here in the discussion...so what are your goals for this upcoming week...? Give me at least 3! And also, what do you really want to focus on and stay consistent with this entire month?

I am going to weigh in tmr because I did not rest yesterday I did Ripped in 30 and a 3 mile walk and the scale was up a little this morning so we shall see what happens when I weigh myself tmr because I am taking the night off :)

Goals this week
    1. Ripped in 30 + 20 to 30 minutes of cardio 4 to 5 days this week
    2. check net calories .... I think I am messing up there
    3. no eatting out at lunch this week .....

This entire month is all about focus, planning, and pushing myself. I have a family gathering at the end of the month and I would really like to be down a few more lbs. I need to focus on my goals, plan out my meals better and push myself to go that extra mile. I can do this.
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options

I'm down 1 lb this week. Works for me. Any loss is a loss and a step in the right direction.

Goals this week:
    1. Drink at least 12 glasses of water per day.
    2. Walk (including Walk At Home DVDs) at least 3 miles EVERY Day, including weekends.
    3. Keep my sodium under 2500 mg at least 3x this week. I've been having a hard time getting it that low and only managed to do it once this week.

My focus this month is to walk every day, including weekends.
  • TATennis
    TATennis Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi ! Sunshines

I lost 2.2 pounds from last week.... Total since this challenge is 33.4 pounds lost forever!!! Have 6.6 pounds left to make the challenge ( It really is unbelievable). So quickly And I feel so Healthy & strong.

My Goal for APRIL:

WALKING........... 110 miles for the month
    Weight lifting .... 3 times a week, 30 minutes each
    EATING Healthy ( veggies hard one )
    WATER, WATER & more WATER { another hard one for me}

Another 10 pounds lost and I might concider doing the Turbo Fire ( LOL)

I wish everyone the BEST!! :flowerforyou:
  • bhonniered
    bhonniered Posts: 228
    Options
    I am up a pound this week and I know why - poor choices in snacks.

Goals for this week:

30 DS 5-6 days (this is done in the morning)
    Some form of exercise at night - either walking or working in the yard
    Water... Water... Water :drinker:
    Good snacks - carrots, yogurt, and fruit
    Keeping sodium under 2500
  • MichelleOnTrack
    Options
    bump
  • Pretty1one
    Pretty1one Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Sunshines!!!:flowerforyou:

TOM just got here and today has been " painful" - Mister Cramps has got me bad :cry:
    I feel like crawling in bed with my warm pad but have so many things to do today before going to work

Anyways...I've lost 1.8lbs this week.
    I've lost 33.1lbs since I started the challenge and I'm 15.4 from my GW of 155lbs (yooohooooo :bigsmile: )
    but most important of all TODAY I'm 97days without overeating (the root of all my problems with food)

My goals for this week are:
    Get into 160's land :bigsmile:
    I'm changing my exercise routine. I'm adding biking (at least 1 lap around the block every other day)
    for this 1st week. I really need to increase my HR when I'm exercising. My Bodymedia tells me I haven't reached
    at least 15min of "vigorous activity" even when I play tennis. I hope biking will do it.

Wish you all good luck this week
    XOXO
    Rosie :drinker:
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I was so happy this morning when I jumped on the scale...It maybe April fools day but the scale was so kind!! I was 149.2 That's one pound under a healthy weight for me....YIPPEE!!

I hope everyone had a great week too.
  • onlyhalfcrazy
    onlyhalfcrazy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Krystle you are SOOO right, an appropriate day for a weighin!!! Let me just tell you girls ....... I have felt all week like i was getting punk'd!!! and the scale this morning was further affirmation that the scale is aware of this fooish day aw well!! I am up 1.2 lbs. I have to be honest, this is very discouraging because I have focused this week, ate right, worked out hard, had a good balance of both exercise and eating. So what gives?? Im not sure. Am I disappointed? ABSOLUTLEY!!! am I ready to through in the towel???? No way!! I really am doing this for a better way of life and that means EVERYDAY, not just those that are easy. This is how I want to live my life not just until I reach a magic number. So today is another day, full of opportunity and choices. I choose today to keep going and keep moving!!

My goals for this month

Worjk out 6 days a week
    Burn 3000 calories at week
    REST on my day off!!!!
    Choose to eat healthy everyday!!
  • dinareed
    dinareed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    *sob*

I just wrote my discussion post then accidentally deleted it! BOOOOOO

I'm up 2 lbs. TOM arrived yesterday so I am not sweating it.

Anyway, Good morning Everybody...

April Goals:
    Circuits, Circuits, Circuits. I am ditching the scale obsession. Now its time to just burn this FAT OFF. *cue sizzling noises* The scale has been no friend since I started this challenge, but the clothes don't lie and my favorite pair of jeans are getting saggy in the butt area *yeahhhhhhhh*. So I am going back to Jillian Michael land with Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism for the first 2 weeks and then maybe 30 day shred again in the second half of the months. My exercise plans for April are Jillian, C25K and yoga. Exercise 5 days a week.
    #2 A gallon of water every day.
    #3 Eat a pound of veggies and fruit every day. But I am more focused on the vegetables than the fruit.

April is going to be my month. My Spidey senses tell me so.
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Good Morning. I was trying to post my weight for this week April 1st, One the https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?authkey=CKDt1aAO&hl=en&formkey=dG51bjFDSE1xNEoyRVFoMTc4Vkh0a1E6MQ#gid=0 link I dont see Aprilst as the set date. Krys, can you look into it.

Thanks!!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    bump for later
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was so happy this morning when I jumped on the scale...It maybe April fools day but the scale was so kind!! I was 149.2 That's one pound under a healthy weight for me....YIPPEE!!

I hope everyone had a great week too.

Christine, that is just soo exciting. WAY TO GO
  • Suzeesmu
    Suzeesmu Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! :-)
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Alright ladies, I have really lost some steam this week. I've been sick, haven't worked out any, started a new business, and I had to take my little boy to have an MRI done today. Can you say stressful week? I just feel like I am losing my motivation. That is one reason why I haven't been posting as much. I haven't been logging my food (I'm still trying to watch what I eat), but I have been coming here and reading everyone's post. Maybe I will get out of this funk soon.
  • LJ0508
    LJ0508 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've kinda fell off the bandwagon too, I've had a cold since last week and it's still hasn't gotten better. I did watch what I ate, but no excercise, except for walking on campus. This week I plan to 1) jump back into my excercise, me and my mom will start 30 day shred tonight. 2) stay away from Wendy's, i get free lunch at my internship so needless too say I've been eating Baja salads (somedays there are things I shouldn't eat too) for the past month and half. 3) Drink more water, I've been slipping in that area.

I sometimes get discouraged because it doesn't "look" like I've lost weight but i than have to check myself and remember it's not all about that.