Good for energy?

Options
Any healthy energy tips?? I have 3 toddlers and i feel sluggish around 3pm..Whats a good boost?

Replies

• buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Any healthy energy tips?? I have 3 toddlers and i feel sluggish around 3pm..Whats a good boost?
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    fruit, whole grains, anything with protein (peanut butter, cottage cheese), nuts
    pretty much anything lacking in caffeine and refined sugar would be a healthy energy booster
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

You could try out a couple things depending on how you spread your meals out through out the day.

3pm would be a good time for a carb/protein snack...maybe PB on a slice of bread, almonds and an apple or some cheese with a carb

Or even pushups against the wall, leg lifts, things like that that start your blood pumpin and move the oxygen through out it.....really a great pick me up! Even just a few minutes of it to give yourself a boost:drinker:

Hope something like that helps you out.:flowerforyou: Let us know:happy:
  • Gator4RTR
    Gator4RTR Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like the fruit idea. That way you can share with the kiddos. :wink:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    A friend of mine told me that carb overloads can lead to feeling sluggish during the day...

but so can three toddlers! :laugh: