Feeling pretty bad, need to vent (OT)

firegirlred
firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
I got sick four days ago. Finally last night I gave in and called the doctor, who agreed to give me a prescription for the urping. But it hasn't stopped me from losing just about everything I eat. I've been to the bathroom so many times that my poor little bum is hurting. I don't even think about logging anything I've eaten, because I can't keep it in long enough to be getting any nutrition. I have reached the point where I don't want to eat or drink anything because I'm so exhausted and tired of going to the bathroom.

On top of that, dh and I are trying for a baby, and this isn't exactly healthy. I've lost three pounds in four days. I want to go running tomorrow, but definitely don't want to be running around the block, just to use the bathroom when I pass the house.

Thanks for listening.

Rae

Replies

• firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    I got sick four days ago. Finally last night I gave in and called the doctor, who agreed to give me a prescription for the urping. But it hasn't stopped me from losing just about everything I eat. I've been to the bathroom so many times that my poor little bum is hurting. I don't even think about logging anything I've eaten, because I can't keep it in long enough to be getting any nutrition. I have reached the point where I don't want to eat or drink anything because I'm so exhausted and tired of going to the bathroom.

On top of that, dh and I are trying for a baby, and this isn't exactly healthy. I've lost three pounds in four days. I want to go running tomorrow, but definitely don't want to be running around the block, just to use the bathroom when I pass the house.

Thanks for listening.

Rae
  • Wow that really sucks!!:frown: Sorry to hear you dont feel well.:sad: I hope you get better soon so you can have another cute little baby!! :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Oh no, I'm so sorry! :frown: I'm glad you're getting a prescription. Just hope it's not a suppository, I had to do that when I got my wisdom teeth out and the percocet was making me throw up continuously. :embarassed: Definitely don't go running, just take it easy and sleep a ton. The positive thing about throwing up continuously is that the bacteria that may be making you sick won't have anything to make energy with. :ohwell:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Oh no, I'm so sorry! :frown: I'm glad you're getting a prescription. Just hope it's not a suppository, I had to do that when I got my wisdom teeth out and the percocet was making me throw up continuously. :embarassed: Definitely don't go running, just take it easy and sleep a ton. The positive thing about throwing up continuously is that the bacteria that may be making you sick won't have anything to make energy with. :ohwell:

Thanks for confirming what my mom used to say! She was such a smart lady.

I hope you feel better Rae. nanas and crackers? plain white rice? My mom also used to say those things would bind you (if you can keep them down)
    I hope you feel better soon!
    00020293.gif
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    First of all make sure you drink no matter if you can keep it down or not. Otherwise you will get dehydrated. Im sure you know taht already but it is easier said than done. I got really sick and I had to be hospitlized because I couldnt keep anything down. I was so dehydrated that they blew 4 veins trying to get an IV in me. I was in there for 8 days and they finally took my gallbladder out and wouldnt you know as soon as they did that I could eat again. If it doesnt get better maybe have that checked out.

Connie
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    You poor thing!!! My workout partner has the SAME problem. Her doc said it's a nasty virus going around, and it will wear off with time. My friend has been sick for well over a week. :ohwell: I hope you feel better soon!!!!! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.