no judgement:please vote

Options
DJJW
DJJW Posts: 519 Member
I KNOW THAT THESE AREN'T THE BEST CHOICES

Getting ready to take the kids to the park. Short on time and I'm hungry...I have no intentions on cooking, or swinging by the store. I've narrowed it down to

Bologna Sandwich

great value wheat bread- 140 calories
oscar meyer bologna light- 60 calories
great value deluxe cheese- 90 calories 290 calories

or

Cup o' Noodle shrimp
290 calories

whats going to stick to my sides longer?

Replies

• angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I would say the sandwich......just because I am a sandwich person!!!!
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Sandwich..prolly less sodium and other crud that is in the ramen flavoring..
  • DJmom44
    DJmom44 Posts: 91
    Options
    The first one because hopefully the bread is whole grain and will help you feel full longer. Also the noodles will have lots of sodium and not much shrimp.:smile:
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm with Angie... .only cuz I don' t like the shrimp flavored cup o noodles.
  • hng2101
    hng2101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the sandwich because the protein will keep you full longer. The noodles, while delicious, are all carbs. You'll be hungry in an hour.
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    soup is easier for your body to digest so you wont be full for very long.
    the sandwhich will def keep you full for longer
  • plagirl227
    plagirl227 Posts: 134
    Options
    Sandwich. Cup o Noodles NEVER fill me up...
  • gidjet11
    gidjet11 Posts: 86
    Options
    Sandwich for sure!
  • nbolden
    nbolden Posts: 4
    Options
    I will say the sandwhich. Noodles are considered slider foods. They are easily digested.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    The first one because hopefully the bread is whole grain and will help you feel full longer. Also the noodles will have lots of sodium and not much shrimp.:smile:

Exactly!... Look at the sodium level, those things are usually ~150% of your daily requirement.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Sandwich..prolly less sodium and other crud that is in the ramen flavoring..

I agree.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Definitly the sandwich
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    sandwich :drinker:
  • missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    Sandwich keeps u full longer
  • pearlsgirl96
    Options
    sandwich is the healthier choice. way more nutrition than the cup o noodles and it won't cause a spike in insulin (which could lead to the "shakes" and ravenous hunger from low blood glucose in an hour from the time you eat it).
  • tigger2009
    Options
    Sandwich, would feel full longer. Maybe put half of the cheese in it. Yum, i have not had a bolongna sandwich in a long time! Maybe have to do that for lunch one day next week.
  • cjbnc
    cjbnc Posts: 32
    Options
    I ran the numbers, and there's a few surprises

Bologna sandwich, one slice meat, two cheese, two bread = 320cal, 18g fat, 32g carb, 13g protein, 1180mg sodium
    Nissan Cup o Noodle Shrimp = 300cal, 13g fat, 38g carb, 7g protein, 1180mg sodium

Yeah, the salt in the cheese pushed the sandwich to the same sodium as the cup o'noodles!

Still, I'd pick the sandwich over the noodles because the protein cals are going to stick longer than the carb cals. If you can shop for low fat cheese in the future, so much the better.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! So, sandwich it is! Oh, I love me some bologna, but only have one....well can't remember the last time (except for eating little faces into the kid's bologna slices! :laugh:

Only did use 1/2 slice of cheese (thanks tigger2009)

Cup o noodles aren't my thing either, but bologna gets a bad rap sometimes. Thanks again.