Question about protein to soy or not to soy???

Options
So me and my buddy were talking and he was telling me that Soy Protein really isn't as good for Men as Whey when it comes to protein powder etc.. I'm not allergic to non soy products or anything.. but just wondering if anyone on here has heard of that and if its true.. I'm basically starting my day off with this every morning so if its not as good for me as something else might be I'll need to change it up when I run out.. so my question is.. "to Soy or not to Soy"

Thanks in advance for any insight..

Replies

• eandskp
    eandskp Posts: 54
    Options
    Soy isn't good for men or women as it has estrogen in it. Excess estrogen can cause breast cancer and make men grow "moobs". Drop the soy asap!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I personally avoid all soy products, I prefer my protein from my pork, beef, chicken, venison or whatever game animals I get in season.
    Soy is a full stop non consideration for me because of how much of it is GMO. I'll stick to whey for my protein supplements and almond or hemp milk when I don't want dairy
  • ndhr3d
    ndhr3d Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I as well have switched to Almond instead of Soy.

Mix my whey & Casein proteins with water and use Almond milk in my cereal and as a drink. I'm not allergic to regular milk, I just enjoy the benefits of the Almond milk and how much better it tastes!!
  • Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    There's been some recent research that suggests that soy may not be as ineffective for building lean muscle as originally thought.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson71.htm