How can I train myself to drink water?

Options
2»

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    So much great advice in this thread!!!!

Use an 8oz glass. Make it a point to chug it down a couple times a day. "Hydration formations", they called them in boot camp. Take your water, slam it, move on. :laugh:

Use Crystal Light, or like me, the Walmart knock offs. It's water based, so much better than soda.

BTW, keep that one soda a day if you need to, at least for a while. I kept one diet soda with lunch for a year. I've recently traded it for a Diet Lipton Green Tea. So yummy!

Chug water after a workout. The more often you do it, the more conditioned your body will become to it, and eventually start craving that water. (I know it sounds unbelievable, but it happened to me!!!!!!!!)

Good luck! See what works best for you. Try all the recommendations in this post. Again, so much great advice!
  • releko
    releko Posts: 16
    Options
    I hate it too. What I do is keep a big glass beside the kitchen sink and when I go past I try to pour one glass and stand there and drink the whole thing. If I have to sip it, I will not finish even one glass a day. In the summer I keep a jug of water in the fridge with cucumber slices in it. I know it sounds strange but I had it at a spa once and couldn't believe how refreshing it was.

what does that taste like? i've seen people drinking water w/ cucumber in it before and i was kind of shocked..I LOVE cucmbers, but i'm still apprehensive to trying it.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I hate it too. What I do is keep a big glass beside the kitchen sink and when I go past I try to pour one glass and stand there and drink the whole thing. If I have to sip it, I will not finish even one glass a day. In the summer I keep a jug of water in the fridge with cucumber slices in it. I know it sounds strange but I had it at a spa once and couldn't believe how refreshing it was.

Do you think it started when a lady having a spa treatment sat up, accidentally allowing the cucumber from her eye to drop into her water, and she was like, "Oooooh, this is delish DAHLING, I MUST have more!":wink::wink: :wink:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I HATE water:noway: But I know I need it..I drink cokes everyday and if i dont have a coke i get a terrible headache:drinker: How do i get out of this rut?

Prevent the headache by having a little caffiene through out the day. Either through tea or coffee.

And then all of the above ideas for water will work great!
  • tookieb
    tookieb Posts: 89
    Options

what does that taste like? i've seen people drinking water w/ cucumber in it before and i was kind of shocked..I LOVE cucmbers, but i'm still apprehensive to trying it.
    :laugh: :laugh: It tastes like water with cucumbers.:laugh: :laugh:

What's there to lose by trying, if you don't like it just dump it out and try something else.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Ya know . . . I joined MFP over a month ago and couldn't do the water thing. I do like water, but it was just SO HARD to give up my delicious Mt. Dew. After a bit, I stopped eating correctly. But, now, I have been back at it for a little over a week and have been getting my water in every single day!!

I work in an office and keep a cup sitting on my desk full of water. It's probably 8 to 10 ounces. . . not quite sure. But, I drink a glass with breakfast, one as soon as I get to work and I fill up every time I have to get up from my desk to do something. Right now, I'm only on glass #3 and it's almost noon, but I've told myself that I have to finish this glass before I can leave for lunch!

I'll probably have two glasses with lunch. :smile:

As everyone else has said, try Crystal Light or Lipton To-Go Tea's. They really do help!! Every now & then I like Crystal Light Orange Sunrise.

More water power to you! :drinker:
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options

Do you think it started when a lady having a spa treatment sat up, accidentally allowing the cucumber from her eye to drop into her water, and she was like, "Oooooh, this is delish DAHLING, I MUST have more!":wink::wink: :wink:

That is too funny! but u would be suprised! lol...:laugh: I love cucumbers would rather have them than ice cream! I will have to try this