Just started

Options
Well I just found this site today through an app on my ipod, im trying to lose some weight. Last year had lost 20 lbs and was feeling good and wanted to lose more, however I gained it all back, Ive always had a bigger bone structure and have been on the "bigger" side so this time I want to lose weight and keep it off. and thought this would help me stay motivated and on track and maybe not get so down on myself. I like the food counter and exercise reports! cant wait to see if this helps!

Replies

• finallyhappening2011
    finallyhappening2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP I am sure that you can do it!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I know the yo-yo effect quite well. Like you I lost weight last year, felt great, then put it all back on but I added an additional 12 pounds to what I already had to begin with :(. This site is great. You will find friendly people with lots of support and encouragement.
  • abcsmoore
    Options
    Just remember .... it is about how you feel not just the number on the scale :):happy:
  • 1FitMom326
    1FitMom326 Posts: 228
    Options
    I am new to this site. I have been using the app for a few months on my phone but had never really used the website. I have taken on the challenge to run a 10k in July so I am trying to lose some weight and get in shape. I am in week 5 of the couch to 10k program and have lost 7lbs so far.
  • xlizardx11x
    Options
    I joined because i was getting really discouraged with weight loss..im a full time student (2 in school classes and 2 online classes) working towards going to pharmacy school, and only having 2 classes after this year to take for it too so stress levels are pretty high because its getting close to crunch time..on top of that i waitress 4 nights a week at a seafood restaurant that is 45 mins from my house (school is the same distance) so needless to say when i get home and i have free time the last thing i wanna do is work out, but i started pushing myself to, ive been working out 3 or 4 times a week for the past month, and i had lost 3 lbs but had put it back on so i got very discouraged, even though i have a support group at home rooting me on and trying to help out (my parents and my bf) who have supported me and have listened to me break down about it and encourage me to not give up after such a short amount of time
  • benger6
    benger6 Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome. You will get lots of support here. We are the best group of people so you fit right in.