Double 00

Options
I was so proud when I walked into American Eagle the other day and tried on a pair of tacky shorts size 2 only to realize that they were to big. I was even more proud when I put on their smallest size (double 00) and they fit perfectly. Say my success story of the year! :)

Replies

• Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    yay! went to aeropostle and i was a 3 long and i tried that on and they fell off1 i walked out of there with a 1 long and they are baggy now. i think i need a 0!
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options
    What? Man I'm 111 lbs and still wear AE artist jeans in size 4. WTH must be my damn mommy hips.
  • snookemz
    snookemz Posts: 82
    Options
    wow you must have a tiny little frame! Congrats on the 00!!
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    Congrats! I'm always shopping the clearance racks and all I see is size 5's and down, which makes me really wish I could wear them. My size (11/13) is always totally empty.
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options
    Congrats! I'm always shopping the clearance racks and all I see is size 5's and down, which makes me really wish I could wear them. My size (11/13) is always totally empty.

That's because that is the average size that women are they are all bought up . Lol like a size 7 shoe.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm fat.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I didnt even know that size existed lol.....Good for you :flowerforyou:
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    Congrats! I bought a 0 the other day and it felt wonderful!!!!
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    wow, congrats, I couldnt even imagine what that would be like!!!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't want to, i am 5'6" and am veeeeeery happy with a size 7!!! best wishes to all:bigsmile:

i have 25 pounds to lose to get there lol
  • Kaylajama
    Options
    I feel you, I only have 5-10 more pounds on me now than I did before I got pregnant. But the funny thing is I went from being 120 pounds in a size 3 to being 125-130 pounds in a seven or a nine?! Love how all my weight is in my lower stomach and inner thighs now...not.
    -Kayla
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I feel you, I only have 5-10 more pounds on me now than I did before I got pregnant. But the funny thing is I went from being 120 pounds in a size 3 to being 125-130 pounds in a seven or a nine?! Love how all my weight is in my lower stomach and inner thighs now...not.
    -Kayla
    hell i was in a 9- 10 at 125 lbs ! i don't think i was ever below a 9 although i always did have a soft belly, not fat just soft from growing up lazy :P

OP: congrats on the 00 ! That's a number I've never seen and probly never will , just not built that little :P
  • diviana
    diviana Posts: 53
    Options
    If that is a healthy size and weight for you, then that is awesome! You have reached your goal.

Anyone here can reach your goal. Not everyone is destined to be the smallest size on the rack, so please don't feel "fat" if you aren't in that category. I'm 5'10", and when I was 5'4" and weighed 200 lbs, I was a size 8/10.

I'd LOVE to be a 12 again, even a 10. Anything smaller than that and I think it would make me look emaciated. It's all relative to your body, height, weight, and build. So many variables :-)

Currently, I weigh 366, and I wear a size 22 or 24. A friend who weighs 70 lbs less than I do wears a size larger. You never know. It's all in how you look and feel about yourself.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    If that is a healthy size and weight for you, then that is awesome! You have reached your goal.

Anyone here can reach your goal. Not everyone is destined to be the smallest size on the rack, so please don't feel "fat" if you aren't in that category. I'm 5'10", and when I was 5'4" and weighed 200 lbs, I was a size 8/10.

I'd LOVE to be a 12 again, even a 10. Anything smaller than that and I think it would make me look emaciated. It's all relative to your body, height, weight, and build. So many variables :-)

Currently, I weigh 366, and I wear a size 22 or 24. A friend who weighs 70 lbs less than I do wears a size larger. You never know. It's all in how you look and feel about yourself.

I totally agree! I know I would not look good at a size 0 or 2. I would feel like a boy with no hips. I think as long as your frame can fit it and you like the way you look, good for you! I want to get down to a size 8. I think I would keep my good womanly curves and still look good in a bathing suit!
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I'm aiming for a 4/6, but that's amazing for you!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Do they make smaller than Double 0? Just curious.
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Do they make smaller than Double 0? Just curious.

yes they do! they have a 000 and i know a girl who is in a -2 yes they exist!
  • diviana
    diviana Posts: 53
    Options
    Sizing is fascinating to me. I was an Ebay clothing seller for 13 years. Used to be a part-time thing while I was working, but then it became a full-time thing after the mortgage industry crash.

Anyway, women's clothing has such an incredible variance from label to label. Many are vanity sized, especially skirts and pants. I can have three skirts from three different makers, with three different sizes on the tag, and all are very similar in dimension. A size 4 skirt from Gap is about the same as a size 8 skirt from Ann Taylor. No wonder why Gap is so popular!

With such sizing variances, it's no surprise that "negative" sizing is in existence. I'm generalizing a little here, but I used to work in San Francisco, and the majority of women in the office were Chinese. Asians make up a large percentage of San Francisco's population, and these women are typically more petite and smaller-framed than most others. Some of my girls had to shop in the girl's section and lamented the lack of clothing suitable for the office. Well, yeah... most 10 year olds don't have office jobs.

Manufacturers with 'vanity sizing' are doing many a disservice. They are giving some an unrealistic picture of their true size in order to gain profit, and because the clothing runs larger, the smaller sizes are often too big for very petite women and they have to shop elsewhere. I've never seen a size 000 or anything "negative" sized, but it makes sense. I worked with a woman who was very petite (4'10", I believe), and weighed maybe 85 lbs. She looked healthy and slender, but a size 0 on her was too big. Women like her need the teeny sizes.

Anyway, I'm getting off my soapbox here. Everyone should take the focus away from being a specific size (although I do like it when I lose a dress size), because it's how you look and feel that matter most.
  • wrinklesmom
    Options
    "Do they make smaller than Double 0? Just curious. "

Yes...it is called...4T....lol.....
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options

You couldn't have said it better!!! Thanks for the reminder!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!