Need a little support

Options
I come from a busy family. I have three small children 4 and under. I have always been active, however 3 kids in 4 years will do lots of strange things to your body. My husband thinks I should be able to do this without support and he does not get excited when I reach a minor milestone. I have been working out for 8 weeks, I have lost a grand total of 7 pounds, now exactly what I have wanted but a start never the less. I workout everyday, I actually look forward to it, my problem is I don't really eat as well as I should I don't have a lot of time so I tend to grab non healthy foods. I do the biggest looser cardio max and sculpting every other day and everyday I run 2-3 miles. I know I am becoming more physically fit, because when I started I could only run a 1/2 mile maybe. I am just getting discouraged because I was hoping my clothes would starting to fit looser. I can see it in my face but not in my belly, I would like to lose the baby fat...suggestion and advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Replies

• veggeslady
    Options
    You need to make sure you are eating enough calories to lose weight. If you do not you will be stuck at the same weight. Also I would suggest measuring yourself so that if you do not lose weight you can check those. I do p90x and love it, If you do it you see results.
    Keep trying!!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Dont Feel bad! I lost 43 lbs and went from a FULL size 18 (20s were too big but 18s were tight) to a 17! (Yes Juniors because 16s were too tight 18s too big lol) and I have only had 1 baby! I am trying to currently loose 35 more lbs and get down to a size 12.

If I have learned anything thorugh this though its weight training that changes body shape (ie tightening abdominal muscles) So through in a few crunches a day (even 5!) twist back and forth (gently on your back but works your sides) do some squats, a few push ups and maybe try some free weights and youll start to see bigger changes!

I managed to get into a size 16 comfortably after only loosing 2.4 more lbs, its because I am now working out my abdominal muscles. I had a 8lb 13 oz baby and carried ALL belly (you should see my maternity pictures! lol ALL Belly!)
  • KellyEsparza
    Options
    Oh my goodness you are off to a great start! Do not get discouraged - you are definitely doing good things for your body! The fact that you are losing gradually is a good thing I think. It seems the faster people lose the faster they put it back on. And you don't want to lose too quickly - it will mess up your metabolism. Stick with the recommendations that MPF sets for you. Also remember you are likely gaining muscle too so don't rely entirely on the scale. I was in your very shoes just a few weeks ago - I was losing lbs but couldn't tell in my clothing until I hit about 12 lbs. I have noticed a difference now and most of my pants are pretty baggy. Just stick with it and you will see the results soon!
  • KellyEsparza
    Options
    Oh my goodness you are off to a great start! Do not get discouraged - you are definitely doing good things for your body! The fact that you are losing gradually is a good thing I think. It seems the faster people lose the faster they put it back on. And you don't want to lose too quickly - it will mess up your metabolism. Stick with the recommendations that MPF sets for you. Also remember you are likely gaining muscle too so don't rely entirely on the scale. I was in your very shoes just a few weeks ago - I was losing lbs but couldn't tell in my clothing until I hit about 12 lbs. I have noticed a difference now and most of my pants are pretty baggy. Just stick with it and you will see the results soon!:flowerforyou:
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    You are doing everything right! Keep up the good work. I would mix up my workout and think hard about giving yourself at least 1 day off to heal. We cant really spot reduce and our bodies will burn the fat from where they want. I am like you and have lost alot from my face and less than I would like from around the middle. Just don't get discouraged. This is a marathon not a sprint.
  • ridgellmomof3
    ridgellmomof3 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies, all my babies were belly babies i also grew big babies. they were 8# 4oz, 9#, and 10# 1oz respectively. Now they are all skinny well except my last he is still chunky. my belly is stretched out and i have been doing abs, not much changed... I love my kids hate the belly
  • kgorm001
    kgorm001 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree to taking out that measuring tape! I'm sure you are gaining muscle, which masks the weight loss at first. I'm sorry you are not getting the support you truly need from your husband. It's so tough to get them on board and understand the female metabolism (ESPECIALLY after carrying babies). I highly recommend getting the "myfitnesspal" app on your phone, if you have the capability. I'm able to count calories very easily this way. Best of luck to you and feel free to friend me. I too need all the support I can get!
    ~Kristy
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I have lost 18 lbs and haven't gone down a size. I try to do crunches everyday, hoping to make my pants roomier. Seems like the only article of clothing that is fitting loosely is my bra! :)
  • kgorm001
    Options
    If your belly stretched out that much with having higher weight babies, there is a possibility that your stomach muscles may not be able to get to where they once were. So, don't beat yourself up if you do all of the abs in the world and your 6-pack remains a 2-pack! Switch it up and do some pelvic and transverse ab exercises to get those lower ab muscles back on track.
  • ridgellmomof3
    ridgellmomof3 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I realize that everyone has their struggles and I wish everyone luck and I am glad to know everyone struggles not just me! Does anyone know any really good lower ab exercises for women, I do planks and bicycle crunches, but my upper abs seems to be the only sore part.
  • kgorm001
    Options
    One of my favorite "core" exercises is the Plank Pose.

1. Place your elbows on the floor underneath your shoulders.

2. Now place your toes on the floor with legs hip width apart.

3. With back straight, lift your body off the floor and pull in your belly button towards your spine

4. Hold this position for a count of 30 to 60 seconds.

5. Relax placing your body back on the floor and then repeat for 3 to 5 repetitions.
  • utah_angel1971
    Options
    a few things i have learned. Because i just never have had a big appetite, and im on medication that decreases appetite even more :( . I am usually waaaay below my calories, like less than 1100, and when i go through periods like that? i lose NOTHING!
    I have found when i eat very close to what my allowance is on here? i do a better job at losing.
    SECOND: in October a friend of mine wanted to put sandbags in the back of my small pick up since i commute alot in utah winters. I could pick up one 50# bag of sand and it wiped me out. Last saturday i got up in my truck picked them all up and threw them out of my truck. and didnt get tired of have a hard time. Those little "minor milestones" as you put them? are HUGE. It may not seem big to your husband, or to your neighbor, friend, or anyone else, but if its showing YOUR improvement thats all that matters right? All i would say is and just because i do physical therapy as a job is be careful when you run. People think running is great but it will tear on your joints eventually. So its good that you only do it every other day. :) just keep up the good work and enjoy those little improvements.
  • FitCoachBecky
    Options
    Who couldn't use a little more support! Seven pounds in 8 weeks is awesome! You're doing a great job of making better choices and reaching out to others for support!

There's a message board on myfitnesspal that's called "Lose 5 pounds a Month April 2011 Challenge" that could offer a good support group. Also, I have an active, motivational message boart at http://teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/99470085?_19_delta=20&_19_keywords=&_19_advancedSearch=false&_19_andOperator=true&cur=4

It's full of women who are trying to help motivate each other to success. Check it out if you're interested! Hope to see you there! Good luck, and keep at it!
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Dont get discouraged the weight didnt come on that fast so it will take some time. Make sure you are getting enough calories in but try making healthier choices..foods lower in fats ect dont give up 7 lbs is nothing to sneeze at!