Craving honey mustard!!!

Options
MrsFarrow
MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
Oh man, I don't know what my issue is, but honey mustard has been on my mind ALL DAY. I still have 850 calories, 118 carbs, 34 fat and 20 protein left, and I've been fighting the urge to grab a biggie fry and dive in!! What I could really go for is some niiice breaded chicken fingers dipped in honey mustard. But no! So now I'm trying to think of something half decently healthy (HAH) to make to either dip or to make with honey mustard. Any ideas? I've really contemplated dipping saltines in it! Pregnant? Who knows, all I know now is I'm craving some sauce!!!

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    why not chicken fingers? if you're cutting a chicken breast into strips and "breading" it with crushed almonds and something where you're controlling the sodium what could be wrong with that?
  • tkaderabek3161
    tkaderabek3161 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I make a pecan crusted chicken and dip that in honey mustard!! YUMMY!!!
  • chris1132
    chris1132 Posts: 58
    Options
    Go to chick fil a! Their honey mustard dressing is only 45 calories and fat free. It tastes delicious on their chicken sandwich and is relatively healthy, other than the sodium. I LOVE honey mustard!!!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    pita chips!!
  • kajun_at_work
    kajun_at_work Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Fire up the grill and throw some chicken tenders on there.
  • MrsFarrow
    Options
    Oooh almonds and pecans! Sounds like a plan!!
  • nikkigiesige
    Options
    Go to subway get a sub with honey mustard!!
  • MrsFarrow
    Options
    All good ideas! I've got a decent bit of wiggle room, so I'll be able to cover my craving!
  • katevonr
    katevonr Posts: 27
    Options
    Newman's Own has a "Lighten Up" salad dressing line. Flavors are all about 34-40 calories per 2 Tb. Their honey mustard is my absolute fave!
  • newbeautifulme
    Options
    Here is my recipe for Honey Mustard Dressing:

1 cup Greek Yogurt
    1/4 cup Splenda
    4 TB Dijon Mustard

Mix all ingredients together. If you use a Magic Bullet or blender like it, it will thin it out a bit and it is perfect!

Per 2 TB serving: 25 calories, 2 g carbs, 0 gat, 3 g protein
  • p_nutprincess
    p_nutprincess Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is also my recipe! I use French's Honey Mustard (NOT the dipping sauce) It has one carb per Tsp. and mix that with a pinch of Splenda and Plain non-fat Greek Yogurt. So yummy!