2»

Replies

• tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    bump. I need this as well
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    I used to try and do crazy things to make my tilapia and other white fish delicious- when it turns out all I needed was lemon pepper! I don't know what it is, but it basically transforms the fish and is insanely good!

For salmon I usually grill it and use the Club House 'spicy pepper medley' which is also great! Or, if I can fit in the extra calories etc, I'll have some tartar sauce.
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    Ok I found a recipe for Parmesan crusted tilapia and I used the coating on salmon and it's just as good...take about a tablespoon of margarine/butter ( i use country crock light) per fillet in a bowl and add about a tsp or so of mayo (light will work) about a tblsp or more of Parm cheese (again per fillet) a splash of lemon juice and some basil (about a 1/2 tsp) Mix that all together and lightly coat the top of the fillets, bake at 350 until done. You can also sprinkle some panko bread crumbs for crispy-ness! This is the only way I can get my kids to eat fish! We just had it tonight...works well on a baked chicken breast too!
  • tgh1914
    Options
    Ok I found a recipe for Parmesan crusted tilapia and I used the coating on salmon and it's just as good...take about a tablespoon of margarine/butter ( i use country crock light) per fillet in a bowl and add about a tsp or so of mayo (light will work) about a tblsp or more of Parm cheese (again per fillet) a splash of lemon juice and some basil (about a 1/2 tsp) Mix that all together and lightly coat the top of the fillets, bake at 350 until done. You can also sprinkle some panko bread crumbs for crispy-ness! This is the only way I can get my kids to eat fish! We just had it tonight...works well on a baked chicken breast too!

I know I'm a TOTAL rookie at this, but my first attempt was disasterous! So we're assuming completely thawed filets, right? And about how long should the baking be? How do you know when it's done? Do you put the filet in the oven first for a while & apply the coating later? Sorry for the ignorance.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options

I know I'm a TOTAL rookie at this, but my first attempt was disasterous! So we're assuming completely thawed filets, right? And about how long should the baking be? How do you know when it's done? Do you put the filet in the oven first for a while & apply the coating later? Sorry for the ignorance.

you can use a meat thermometer, or I usually use texture to test mine. It should feel firm...If you make a fist and press the squishy part around your thumb...that should be about the doneness for well done. And apply the coating first..otherwise it will fall apart when you try to bread it.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Salmon fillet with season salt and pepper then marinated with italian salad dressing. No need to let it sit in the marinade long. Bake it or broil. Really good :)
  • vanfox23
    Options

I thaw my fillets, then put them in a baking dish with pam...then coat them with the butter mixture. I bake for about 20-30 minutes depending on how thick the fillets are. You will see the liquid coming out of the fish as clear and when you stick them with a fork, they flake easily. Good Luck!
  • jenhudgins
    Options
    My favorite way of baking salmon is combining some honey dijon mustard, lemon juice, olive oil (just a little) garlic, and dill seeds and just brush it on the salmon. Pop it in the oven and BAM, tastyness in fish form! So good! The recipe doesn't have to be precise, just add the ingredients as much or as little as you would like.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options

Try this one:

Ingredients

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup butter, softened
    3 tablespoons mayonnaise
    2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon dried basil
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/8 teaspoon onion powder
    1/8 teaspoon celery salt
    2 pounds tilapia fillets

Directions

Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.

In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.

Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.

Nutritional Information
    Serving Size 1/8 of a recipe
    Servings Per Recipe 8

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 225
    Calories from Fat 115

% Daily Value *
    Total Fat 12.8g 20 %
    Saturated Fat 5.4g 27 %
    Cholesterol 63mg 21 %
    Sodium 221mg 9 %
    Potassium 479mg 13 %
    Total Carbohydrates 0.8g < 1 %
    Dietary Fiber 0.1g < 1 %
    Protein 25.4g 51 %
    ** Sugars 0.2g
    Vitamin A 6 %
    Vitamin C 5 %
    Calcium 12 %
    Iron 3 %
    ** Thiamin 5 %
    ** Niacin 39 %
    Vitamin B6 28 %
    Magnesium 13 %
    Folate 4 %

Courtesy of Allrecipes.com :smile: Also, yes, whenever you cook any fish or meat, it should be defrosted.
  • tgh1914
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions. I'm sure my 2nd attempt will be better. :drinker:
  • FitNHappy0261
    Options
    bump
  • vanfox23
    Options

Try this one:

Ingredients

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup butter, softened
    3 tablespoons mayonnaise
    2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon dried basil
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/8 teaspoon onion powder
    1/8 teaspoon celery salt
    2 pounds tilapia fillets

Directions

Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.

In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.

Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.

Nutritional Information
    Serving Size 1/8 of a recipe
    Servings Per Recipe 8

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 225
    Calories from Fat 115

% Daily Value *
    Total Fat 12.8g 20 %
    Saturated Fat 5.4g 27 %
    Cholesterol 63mg 21 %
    Sodium 221mg 9 %
    Potassium 479mg 13 %
    Total Carbohydrates 0.8g < 1 %
    Dietary Fiber 0.1g < 1 %
    Protein 25.4g 51 %
    ** Sugars 0.2g
    Vitamin A 6 %
    Vitamin C 5 %
    Calcium 12 %
    Iron 3 %
    ** Thiamin 5 %
    ** Niacin 39 %
    Vitamin B6 28 %
    Magnesium 13 %
    Folate 4 %

Courtesy of Allrecipes.com :smile: Also, yes, whenever you cook any fish or meat, it should be defrosted.

Thanks! I couldn't remember where I found the recipe. :wink: I just had it memorized! Oh and definitely try the panko bread crumbs sprinkled on top...I love the added crunch!
  • medavis510
    Options
    Tilapia Packages!: Tilapia, Baby Spinach, Lemon, Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, and Oregano

Preheat Oven to 350

Tear off a long sheet of Aluminum foil, and place 1 cup of fresh Baby Spinch in middle.

Rub both sides of tilapia with a little bit of Olive Oil and a pinch of salt, pepper, and oregano.

Place a lemon slice on top of talapia, and roll up all the sides of the aluminum to make a package.

Place on baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until talapia is white.

I like to put this ontop of rice