liking yourself!

Options
on every post I read everyone seems to be so happy about themselves and so positive about everything. I.just wanted to know how you do it? I hate everything about me and can never be happy about how far I've come I just look at how much more I have to go. how do you do it?

I saw a picture of myself today and its made me feel worse sorry.

Replies

• kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    on every post I read everyone seems to be so happy about themselves and so positive about everything. I.just wanted to know how you do it? I hate everything about me and can never be happy about how far I've come I just look at how much more I have to go. how do you do it?

i meditate. i do my best to do my best every day and then i'm satisfied with doing my best because it was my best. i don't second guess myself and i just keep working.
  • Lizzybugz
    Lizzybugz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    None of us are every entirely happy with ourselves. We just all have to learn to accept ourselves as we are and the less we criticize ourselves, the more happy we become and the better we become. It is hard to do. But every time you have a negative thought about yourself, replace it with two positive ones. Even if it seems silly, it does help! =o)
  • wjprice01
    wjprice01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Looking at myself is the hardest thing because I wonder why someone didn't tell me how bad I look. ThenI just don't worry about how i am looking but how much different my clothes are starting to feel and settle with knowing it is going to take a long time to look better:drinker:
  • az1cowgirl
    Options
    I read your profile and it says that you are a wife and a mother of 3 very young children. When you have these days when you look at yourself and can't find anything that you like, try to look through the eyes of your husband and children. Children see their parents as perfect, infallible leaders. They adore you and want nothing more than to spend time with you and have fun with you. When you loose motivation, look into their little faces and draw strength from knowing that you are not only doing this for yourself but for them as well. You are a lovely young lady and as you grow older you will find that our bodies are vessels that we of course want to look good but it's what we posses in our spirit, our knowledge, and our grace for others that matters the most.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I think it helps that everybody on here has a similar problem - weight. There are lots of things that I don't like about myself, but when I come on here and get the support and motivation from people that 'understand' it helps alot. I'm from UK - feel free to 'friend' me if you want some support :smile:

Wendy
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    You get more positive when you see little changes. The size of your face, maybe your waist is reappearing, people are noticing your weight loss, your clothes change sizes....focus on the positive, not the negative. I mean, everyone has their negative moments, but it is the little victories that keep you going.
  • blackdragonclare
    Options
    I read your profile and it says that you are a wife and a mother of 3 very young children. When you have these days when you look at yourself and can't find anything that you like, try to look through the eyes of your husband and children. Children see their parents as perfect, infallible leaders. They adore you and want nothing more than to spend time with you and have fun with you. When you loose motivation, look into their little faces and draw strength from knowing that you are not only doing this for yourself but for them as well. You are a lovely young lady and as you grow older you will find that our bodies are vessels that we of course want to look good but it's what we posses in our spirit, our knowledge, and our grace for others that matters the most.

that's made me smile :) thank you
  • blackdragonclare
    Options

that's made me smile :) thank you
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have multiple personality disorder sometimes because I'm so up and down about how I feel about myself. I generally try to have an upbeat personality, life is nicer like that. But I do have to work at it, I have to choose to not let the fact that my thighs are horrible ruin my day or the fact that i've gained a pound be the end of the world.

I think as someone above said, as long as you know you're doing your best, as long as you can honestly and truly say to yourself that you've done everything possible to get you ahead (whether it's with weight loss or your job or family etc.) then I think it's a little easier to cut yourself some slack.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I decided that I can only make myself happy. Whatever is done is done and I choose to make my self healthy. Its not easy and sometimes down right horrible. But, I deserve to be better for myself and no one else. That makes me smile. The support I receive here is the whip cream and cherry to a better life. Life is hard......troubles come but we are here only a short time, choose to make it the best!!
  • blackdragonclare
    Options
    I feel like I have multiple personality disorder sometimes because I'm so up and down about how I feel about myself. I generally try to have an upbeat personality, life is nicer like that. But I do have to work at it, I have to choose to not let the fact that my thighs are horrible ruin my day or the fact that i've gained a pound be the end of the world.

I think as someone above said, as long as you know you're doing your best, as long as you can honestly and truly say to yourself that you've done everything possible to get you ahead (whether it's with weight loss or your job or family etc.) then I think it's a little easier to cut yourself some slack.
    same here its like I'm on an emotional roller coaster at the moment
  • blackdragonclare
    Options
    I decided that I can only make myself happy. Whatever is done is done and I choose to make my self healthy. Its not easy and sometimes down right horrible. But, I deserve to be better for myself and no one else. That makes me smile. The support I receive here is the whip cream and cherry to a better life. Life is hard......troubles come but we are here only a short time, choose to make it the best!!
    that's a good way of looking at things thank you
  • anakinlover
    anakinlover Posts: 109
    Options
    I used to feel the same way you do...Until a few months ago when my daughter said she thought she was too fat to wear a new shirt that I bought her..she is 7! I stopped making self defeating statements about myself that instant. Poor self image was passed on to me, and I fear I have passed it in to my beautiful child. Then I decided to stop whining and get my butt to the gym. Why? Because I am worthy of loving myself enough to be healthy...not skinny...healthy. It has changed my whole thought process. I don't think fat, I think fit in progress! Love yourself! Be an example for those you love...:heart:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    bump...moving it up good topic
  • blackdragonclare
    Options
    I used to feel the same way you do...Until a few months ago when my daughter said she thought she was too fat to wear a new shirt that I bought her..she is 7! I stopped making self defeating statements about myself that instant. Poor self image was passed on to me, and I fear I have passed it in to my beautiful child. Then I decided to stop whining and get my butt to the gym. Why? Because I am worthy of loving myself enough to be healthy...not skinny...healthy. It has changed my whole thought process. I don't think fat, I think fit in progress! Love yourself! Be an example for those you love...:heart:

its scary what children pick up on. I'm glad your feeling better now
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    There is always something about myself I don't like, though that thing changes from day to day. Mostly I just think hating yourself is pointless, self destructive and only hurts yourself. I can't be bothered with self pity. If you don't like something about yourself, change it, no one else will.
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of these good replies on this. I have been suffering with depression for a while and I have very low self esteem so I also find it next to impossible to be positive about myself. I think that is something good about this site and the forums people are very positive and supportive!
  • MADI150
    MADI150 Posts: 54
    Options

Oh no honey, First you have to decide to change the way you think and the things you do. You have already taken the first step to reclaiming your happiness. There is always going to be something we can change or want to change but having imperfections is what makes us perfect in our own ways. You have to except yourself first before anyone else can.There is no one else that can decide your happiness it starts inside you first, if you feel you need encouragement, your support group is here, if you need a friend thats on here too. Good Luck !!!!