thick isnt bad!

Options

Replies

• elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Agreed! I will never be tiny and love my curves! Even when I was very active and played sports I was bigger, I just had more muscle than flab, and that is what I want to get back to. I personally have no desire to be a stick figure ;-)
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    no tiny isnt the best. muscle is the best. but most women dont hit the weights, they just want to lose the weight, and be skinny fat.
  • JWALL101
    JWALL101 Posts: 60
    Options
    Thick is okay. I see a lot of the profile pics and these ladies are saying they want to drop a Lot of weight. When actually look good now.
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    I want to be considered thick :)
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    i been looking at some poeples pic and they looked better before they started a diet. thick is not bad. work out get in shape. tiny isnt the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do us ladies find more men like you? :laugh:
  • ladypurgatori
    ladypurgatori Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I could not agree more!!! My goal is to gain muscle and stick to about 180, I know for my height that is still considered overweight but I want to keep my hips and booty! Mainly though I am just trying to be healthy and eat right... Nice towel pic by the way lol!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I agree. It's easily taken too far. Great thing to point out!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    That's because they are on a DIET and just want to get "slim." Most are not into being HEALTHY, replenishing the Body...they don't care or realize that when they eat reduced calories the Body need MORE Nutrient Rich Foods. They just look at the scale and slimmer Body and they really THINK they look good (like skinny means Pretty or Handsome.) What about your SKIN, Face, Teeth, eyes, neck...PERSONALTY!

I totally agree! Total health!
  • adholcomb
    adholcomb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Completely agree. Its truly about being healthy.
  • rhazelwood
    rhazelwood Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking for skinny/thin. I'm looking for healthy.

Exactly...a lot of people my height have starting weights at what my goal weight is. Sometimes it makes me rethink if I should make my goal lower, but then I think that if I feel healthy and happy at that weight I won't need to.

I've been thinking along the same lines and decided that my musculature is not a negative, it's a positive, and I am not going to let the scale skew my goals. 5 years ago I looked and felt good at a weight that was 15 pounds more than the upper limit for my height, and I am lifting more strenuously now than I was then. My goals need to center around body fat percentage and clothing sizes because the scale isn't an accurate guide for me. It's nice to know I am not the only one who has this issue!
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    I think (just my opinion) that nothing says sexy like a some muscle...I'm toning my body because I want to be strong and healthy and sexy :smile:
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You know whats funny is that I have been thinking the same thing... some of the guys too.... but that's what it really comes down to. Personal aesthetic.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I think (just my opinion) that nothing says sexy like a some muscle...I'm toning my body because I want to be strong and healthy and sexy :smile:

I totally agree!
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking for skinny/thin. I'm looking for healthy.

Exactly...a lot of people my height have starting weights at what my goal weight is. Sometimes it makes me rethink if I should make my goal lower, but then I think that if I feel healthy and happy at that weight I won't need to.
    The "ideal" weight for my height is somewhere around 125, but I decided to shoot for 135, see how I feel and then if I want to go smaller, shoot for 130, and repeat the process until I feel like I'm where I want/need to be.
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You know whats funny is that I have been thinking the same thing... some of the guys too.... but that's what it really comes down to. Personal aesthetic.

yeah, I've noticed I prefer some of the guys' before pictures. but certainly is just personal preference.
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i been looking at some poeples pic and they looked better before they started a diet. thick is not bad. work out get in shape. tiny isnt the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do us ladies find more men like you? :laugh:

I have never had a problem a day in my life with a guy and my thickness! I think if people carry themselves with a confident attitude about their sexiness the guy will love it too.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This is why I do 60 minutes of cardio, and 20 minutes of circuit training, every day that I hit the gym.
    I don't just want to burn fat, I want to gain muscle.
    The weight LOSS isn't as important to me, as the toned body is.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    less cardio more toning is key...
    but hey i know you would not pass up a VS model....and there all stick with silicone:laugh: :tongue:
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i agree
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    less cardio more toning is key...
    but hey i know you would not pass up a VS model....and there all stick with silicone:laugh: :tongue:
    more cardio allows u to eat more good things for u.