"No Thank You"

Options
Daily Inspiration for April 2, 2011
Katie Jay, MSW

Strike back.

Decadent desserts grace the covers of magazines in the checkout lane, not to mention the array of candy displayed there. Everything is super-sized, and tantalizing smells fill the air. We are encouraged to eat seconds, and how can we pass on dessert? And what about the well-meaning person who declares, "One bite won't hurt."

Yes, it will! The world will try to sabotage your efforts. From the spouse that leaves food lying around the house to the person pushing samples at the grocery store, you are under attack. Your armor is your resolve, and your mouth is your sword. When the saboteur strikes, strike back with these powerful words: "No, thank you."

Action for the day: Develop a strategy to deal with the abundance of food surrounding you--write it down in your journal. Make some guidelines by which you can sustain your new life. Review them often.

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    AMEN +
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more, thanks for posting!!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Well said!! I wish healthier foods were promoted more. Where's the healthy fast food resturants'? There would be good money in investing a healthy fast food franchise...
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Great post!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    There is a really great "restaurant" in our mall icant think of the name of it lol gies to show how often I am at the mall! But they sell wraps and different salads it's tasty :)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    AGREE!!!Thanks for posting!!
  • rhonda1981
    rhonda1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Love the post!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    well said!
  • slytat2
    slytat2 Posts: 8
    Options
    Here Here!!!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    There is a really great "restaurant" in our mall icant think of the name of it lol gies to show how often I am at the mall! But they sell wraps and different salads it's tasty :)

Wish they had one here. I can only take so much of, Subway when I'm out and about, lol!
  • petchonka82
    petchonka82 Posts: 156
    Options
    Excellent! I'm going to post this on my facebook support page. Thanks for those motivational words!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Today, at the supermarket, a bunch of people were encouraging shoppers to buy certain food items and then donate them to a food charity once you got past the checkout. So I bought some stuff that I would otherwise be tempted to buy for myself and gave them away.

So I stay on track, other people benefit and a few people are happier.
  • ingy1990
    ingy1990 Posts: 22
    Options
    amen to that!!
  • MPJS
    MPJS Posts: 465
    Options
    Moliie thank you so much!!!!! somtimes you need to hear that it's ok to say no thank you!
  • Debbisue52
    Debbisue52 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My favorite reply for food pushers is "No thanks I'm allergic....it makes me break out in lumps!" As in....lumps of fat! LOL!
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Great post! I wish I could use the 'no thank you' with my very Italian mother-in-law who gets offended if I don't eat her food... and a lot of it! Today was a bad day, but I planned for it. I stayed under my max calories yesterday and will definitely be doing same tomorrow to make up for the damage done today. I'm still feeling strong and committed although today was a downer and can't wait for my weight-in tomorrow morning:smile: