Any tips on drinking more water?

Options
I have trouble drinking the amount of water that I should drink. Any tips on that?

Replies

• carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I was using a 32 ounce water bottle with a straw, and it was so hard to finish two of them. I switched to a 24 ounce bottle with a wide mouth. Now I drink my eight glasses and then some with out even thinking about it. That may sound crazy, but it worked for me.
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    crystal light, mio, lemon juice... i tend to drink a lot more when it's flavored. I also love smart water. YES it tastes better ;) haha
  • ygraff
    ygraff Posts: 1
    Options
    If I have it in front of me all the time I seem to drink more of it.... if I have to go into the kitchen to get a drink I'd get juice over the water too many times.
  • midgetrapper
    midgetrapper Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    my day starts around 6am. i drink a 16oz bottle with breakfast (that's 2 cups). then, throughout the day, i drink 2 bottles of glaceau (4 cups each). so, by the end of the day, i've had a atleast 10 cups.
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I carry a 32 ounce bottle I got at Walmart for 4 bucks, and Its small enough to fit in a medium tote. ok maybe not comfortably, but pretty much its easier to drink it when I see its there. I just fill it up everytime its empty. I always end up drinking 4-5 bottles of them so I have no problem with water intake. Even if I have a high sodium day, I don't bloat anymore!
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    I was using a 32 ounce water bottle with a straw, and it was so hard to finish two of them. I switched to a 24 ounce bottle with a wide mouth. Now I drink my eight glasses and then some with out even thinking about it. That may sound crazy, but it worked for me.

Not at all. I fill up two 32oz bottles in the morning and make myself drink them. I try to drink 1/2 my body weight in oz everyday
  • saxcraft
    saxcraft Posts: 7
    Options
    I know this sounds really weird, but I find what really helps me is drinking hot water, especially at work. Instead of drinking a whole bunch of coffee or tea, I'll just boil water and then I feel like I need to drink it before it gets cold. It really helps in the winter, or when they crank up the A/C in the summer... like I said, it might take a little getting used to, but it's really soothing, especially if you put just a little lemon juice in it:)
  • midgetrapper
    midgetrapper Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i really don't drink anything else except maybe 1 diet coke with dinner. and that's only if i've had 8 cups of water for the day.
  • sheilamo
    sheilamo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Every morning I get thermal 44 oz cup of iced tea. That's all I get for the day.

I know that I have to fill that cup completely 2x for the rest of the day to get my water. First cup I drink plain, second cup I add lemon, lime, or these sugar free like crystal light things.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm not the type to drink water randomly unless I'm particularly thirsty, but right before every meal, I'll drink a 20 oz bottle in order to fill up my stomach so I won't eat too much. I do that 3-4 times a day and am able to hit the 8 cups (or more) per day most days. Kills two birds with one stone: water consumption and helps me to not overeat. :)
  • xx_JJ_xx
    xx_JJ_xx Posts: 4
    Options
    I find in the office if I have a lovely water container and pretty glass that helps me drink more than if I was just using the boring office glasses. For when I'm walking around and going to meetings I have a 3cup container with a built in carbon filter. Now having said all that, most days it motivates me to drink more the there are just some days when I don't.
  • im2spooky4u
    im2spooky4u Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like using the Drink Water app for my phone. You can set how many glasses of water you want to drink and how often you want it to remind you to drink. http://www.androlib.com/android.application.nl-asplink-free-drinkwater-qzEzC.aspx
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    You'll get alot of people not agreeing with this but for now it works for me....

I flavor my water with Great value Decaf peach ice tea, Mango-peach - less expensive version of crystal light. each packet is 2 servings so I only use half.

Also I use a 32 ounce bottle...

Happy Drinking :)
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What works for me is that I fill up multiple water bottles the night before and stick them in the fridge. That way, when I go to get something to drink, I could either get out a glass and the bottle of Coke Zero and pour it, then put it back in the fridge or I can just grab a bottle of water and be done with it. It seems kind of lazy, but if it's easier it's just more appealing to me. lol
  • SuperNothing
    Options
    I have started drinking over 100oz of water a day! Crazy hu but I found I drink it best when it's cold.I carry 2 50oz water bottles to work a day and drink as I work and when I work out right after I find I drink even more.You just have to find what works for you.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i bought a 64oz mug from a gas station, and i fill it with ice water every morning and keep it with me all day. i take sips throughout the day and drink from it at meal times
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would say to get some nice water bottles. I love my Camelbak brand ones, and keep them on me at all times. At work, in the car, at the grocery store. It is glued to me! Thermos Intaks are nice and can be found on sale pretty often at Target. I have a couple with a built in carbon filter for times that tap water tastes "off" to me (at my school...blech) I drink about 100oz daily :)

HTH!
    Miranda
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm drinking about 16 8-oz glasses a day. I have a 32 oz (4 cups) cup, that I keep full. If I get bored with the water, I'll use Crystal Light -- lots of flavor choices -- and sip all through the day. If I'm going out, I try to keep a bottle of water in the car so it's always around.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have a 2lt tupperware water container on the bench at home with a glass next to it........It has to be all gone by the end of the day!!