More calories to burn more...what about at night?

Options
I try my bestest to fight my hunger at night...uncontrolable stomach rumbling hunger...but I usually give in to a small snack or somthing..

What do you think? "starve" thru the night or have snacks?

Thanks =0)

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Having a snack is fine, as long as you're still within your calorie limit for the day. So make it a healthy snack!
  • McBoBo
    McBoBo Posts: 87
    Options
    Umkay then what day do you add it to if it's 2am? I've been adding it to the new day in the morning as a snack.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I always budget my calories for the day to include a snack in the evening sometimes even two. So I'd say have the snack, especially if you have calories left.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Umkay then what day do you add it to if it's 2am? I've been adding it to the new day in the morning as a snack.

If I haven't slept, I count it as the same day no matter what time it is.
  • Crystal817
    Options

I work overnights. So I am up from about 3pm-9am the next day. I log all my calories for the day under one day. So when I get up on Monday (afternoon) I log all my calories under Monday. Even if I have a snack before bed. When I wake up, I start on the next day. :)
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    I always just keep some extra cals available for the night and do healthy snacks: starwberries and almond milk, 100 cal pack of chips a hoy, 80 cal dark chocolate granola square, special k snack crisps ( 27 for 110 cal and they taste like sour cream and onion pringles) beef jerky ect. If I dont allow myself permission to do that I end up binging. So I'ld rather just plan on it .
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i always know i will need something to snack on before bed, so i always plan it into my daily diary, and i don't count it as the start of a new diary day until i have gone to sleep and then woken up.
  • McBoBo
    Options
    GREAT!
  • McBoBo
    Options
    GREAT!
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals and snacks for the whole day. I plan a late evening snack. Keeps me from waking up hungry.
  • MoonGurl1985
    Options
    My daughter and I eat either fruits, veggies or 90 to 100 calorie snack packs when we are hungry late at night !
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing (well, along the same lines....)

So my main "cardio" for today was raking leaves among some other lighter things (compared to going to the gym for cardio). But, all them combined added up to a decent calorie burn. I didn't feel like working out at the gym and then having to worry about eating back most of my calories before bed, so I opted out.

BUT I'm going out to brunch and mimosas with friends tomorrow morning, thus probably racking up a significant amount of calories. So, if I did decide to go to the gym and burn another ~400 calories today, then intake ~600+ in restaurant brunch and mimosas and then burned another 400 cals at the gym later in the day tomorrow... I just feel like, when does it all even out? I mean, total that still would've been ~800 cal burn in 24 hours, which might have been a tad bit more than what I ate for brunch. And then I still have the rest of all day tomorrow to still eat food. Get what I mean or am I just rambling?
  • vkindrick
    vkindrick Posts: 10
    Options
    eat something fiber,
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I really need to account for this as well but I have to watch because of my diabetes I need to eat but not too much then I wake up hungry & grab when I shouldn't when I run to the biffy in the middle of the night.
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    My doctor says not to eat between dinner and breakfast. I tried it one night, and I was so hungry, I was ready to eat my doctor.
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It's no fun going to bed hungry, so I think a small snack to tide you over to breakfast is fine.
  • Crystal817
    Options
    My doctor says not to eat between dinner and breakfast. I tried it one night, and I was so hungry, I was ready to eat my doctor.

I don't like your doctor. haha

I think the main reason why people say "don't eat before bed!", is because most people have already consumed their daily calories (if not exceded) by the evening. If you haven't reached that yet, I don't see why you can't have a snack. I'm not talking a Mcdonalds cheeseburger here... just a snack! ;)
  • jesster64
    jesster64 Posts: 109
    Options
    If you don't eat., your body goes into starvation mode. eat something to keep your metabolism up.
  • McBoBo
    Options
    I usually wake up around 2 or 3 am HUNGRY .. so I've been eating a granola bar, yogurt or a protein bar... I would want to eat that doctor too!