HCG Diet

Replies

• diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    [/quote]

Wow, how can you say this when you clearly have not read the Simeons Protocol?

Regardless of what anyone "thinks" they know about the Protocol - through the phases and the resetting of the hypothalamus you do learn to eat for your body and it is clean eating - so it is healthy eating.

The HCG plan is good for those people that need structure and are over eaters.

I would rather eat the foods off the list of foods for the Simeons Protocol than rationing out my calories so I could have a non nutritional food such as doughnut, cake or ice cream.
    [/quote]

incorrect......i don't want to be rude, but i have been commenting on this HCG diet everytime it pops up.

IT IS A SCAM, IT DOES NOT WORK,

HCG is an approved infertility treatment, and for the last 30 years it has been the most thouroughly debunked weightloss scam. every single scientific study done shows plainly that it is no better than a placebo. It is a scam and one of the biggest out there

you are throwing your money away. the reason you lose weight is the silly 500 cal diet. this is not sustainable. if you want message me and i will give you more information
  • diaryoffatdad

Regardless of what anyone "thinks" they know about the Protocol - through the phases and the resetting of the hypothalamus you do learn to eat for your body and it is clean eating - so it is healthy eating.

I would rather eat the foods off the list of foods for the Simeons Protocol than rationing out my calories so I could have a non nutritional food such as doughnut, cake or ice cream.

incorrect......i don't want to be rude, but i have been commenting on this HCG diet everytime it pops up.

HCG is an approved infertility treatment, and for the last 30 years it has been the most thouroughly debunked weightloss scam. every single scientific study done shows plainly that it is no better than a placebo. It is a scam and one of the biggest out there

you are throwing your money away. the reason you lose weight is the silly 500 cal diet. this is not sustainable. if you want message me and i will give you more information
    [/quote]
  • Hi, I just started the HCG diet & I would like as many tips as I can get for keeping the weight off after the diet & any good recipes.
  • Court7898
    Court7898 Posts: 37 Member

[/quote]

Actually, it does work. I've tried the 500 cal diet with and without hcg. Without hcg, your body goes into starvation mode, thus making it harder to lose weight. I tried the diet before starting hcg for 4 weeks, and I only lost 3 lbs. I was also hungry all the time. But with hcg, i've lost a lb a day for the past 3 weeks, and am hardly ever hungry.

Hcg is not for everyone, and every diet will have its skeptics. It's worked for me. So I'm a believer =]
  • rene0618
    rene0618 Posts: 105
    Hey, can YOU say get a life? We are people here to support each other, and everyone here has supported eachother with OUR choice to diet the way WE choose! It obviously has worked for thousands of us and if you don't like it move on and leave us alone! Thank you.

[/quote]
  • ambrosij
    ambrosij Posts: 317 Member
    Nice looks like I no longer have to defend HCG, plenty of people to do it for me. Those who don't get it...or simply site studies that they have not read, or read internet articles that make them think they are an expert truly humor me.
  • diaryoffatdad
    "HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or "normal" distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets"

that above quote comes from the website of the makers of HCG itself......pretty much sums it up

you can throw out there all the studies you want, and say that i have not read anything regarding it, but you would be wrong, the literature is plainly clear. randomized, double blind, placebo control studies have shown that HCG is no better than placebo in weighloss, fat distribution or apitie supression.

Im not on here to bash anyone's method of losing weight.....i have to lose weight myself, all I am doing is providing evidence based information regarding the biggest scam in weightloss. I don't want anyone to waste their money or be given false hope.

If you choose to do the HCG diet then fine i wish you well and all the best, but i want you to make informed decisions,
  • ambrosij
    Yes but you are wrong. Randomized double blind placebo controlled studies have also shown that HCG IS an effective weight loss drug, you just choose not to accept those studies. I have posted those studies on this very forum. Regardless of what is on the label of HCG, Doctors have the choice to prescribe drugs for off label usage, it happens all the time. Why do you think that anti-depression drugs are often prescribed as sleeping medication. The FDA also mandates that that particular statement is included. HCG has long been used in body builders as a transition drug between steroids and off-cycle testosterone rebuilding drugs. HCG has proven to boost testosterone levels to 400% and more their normal value when taken as a 5000IU injection once a week (this is a very high dose and I would not recommend ANYONE ever do this). I am pretty sure that is an off label use as well...but guess what it effectively works. HCG obviously effects the proper glands responsible for increasing testosterone production, which just happen to be the same glands that effect fat burning and metabolism, it is not surprising that HCG has been an effective tool for weightloss, and the science supports it. But I suppose because you can read a web page you are probably right, so we can continue to debate this, which I will continue to prove you wrong or you can just let it go.
    "HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or "normal" distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets"

that above quote comes from the website of the makers of HCG itself......pretty much sums it up

you can throw out there all the studies you want, and say that i have not read anything regarding it, but you would be wrong, the literature is plainly clear. randomized, double blind, placebo control studies have shown that HCG is no better than placebo in weighloss, fat distribution or apitie supression.

Im not on here to bash anyone's method of losing weight.....i have to lose weight myself, all I am doing is providing evidence based information regarding the biggest scam in weightloss. I don't want anyone to waste their money or be given false hope.

If you choose to do the HCG diet then fine i wish you well and all the best, but i want you to make informed decisions,
  • diaryoffatdad
    I didn't just read a web page my friend,

I am a kinesiologist who works in the area of obesity research, my entire career is based on reading the scientific journals. I read and I read a lot, likely more than you,

you don't prove me wrong, your simply not paying attention to the good science out there regarding this and focusing on the stuff that has been clearly proven wrong. The mass of scientific literature is so simply one sided for any who care to do their research as you put it, perhaps you should yourself.

As I said before, it is your choice to do the HCG (or back it) and that is fine, I wish you well, really i'm not here to argue with you, this isn't a fight, your not going to change my mind, and it doesnt look like I will change yours, I'm ok with that,

so put your guns in your holster,
  • ambrosij
    Ok so your a physical therapist, not sure how that makes you an SME on HCG, but add "In my opinion" to your posts and we will be good.
    I didn't just read a web page my friend,

I am a kinesiologist who works in the area of obesity research, my entire career is based on reading the scientific journals. I read and I read a lot, likely more than you,

you don't prove me wrong, your simply not paying attention to the good science out there regarding this and focusing on the stuff that has been clearly proven wrong. The mass of scientific literature is so simply one sided for any who care to do their research as you put it, perhaps you should yourself.

As I said before, it is your choice to do the HCG (or back it) and that is fine, I wish you well, really i'm not here to argue with you, this isn't a fight, your not going to change my mind, and it doesnt look like I will change yours, I'm ok with that,

so put your guns in your holster,
  • diaryoffatdad
    no not a physical theripist,

an obesity researcher with a PhD.....looking specifically at obesity.....since when is a kineisologist a physiotherapist.....
  • ambrosij
    "Applications of kinesiology in human health include the rehabilitation professions, such as physical and occupational therapy, as well as applications in the sport and exercise industries.."

"Welcome to the Ontario Kinesiology Association". Oka.on.ca. http://oka.on.ca/. Retrieved 2009-07-25.

Sounds like physical therapy to me. Im glad you have a PhD, thats great...now you can teach Kinseology to students seeking Masters degrees. Meanwhile Im the guy that lost 30 pounds using HCG with only a 2% total loss of muscle weight at the conclusion of the diet.

I say put your money where your mouth is, you can get all the supplies you need to do multiple rounds of REAL HCG for under $100. Follow the protocol as written, and maintain some mild exercise. At the beginning of the test have your body fat% hydrostatically tested, once complete with the protocol have it hydrostatically tested again. If what your saying is accuarate a substancial % of your weight loss should be from muscle atrophy, a normal Nutritionist based diet estimates that 10% or more of the total loss will be muscle atrophy. So, if you are under 10% muscle mass loss, and you will be between 2-4% then it will be difficult to disagree with the fact that the HCG must have been doing something positive.
  • diaryoffatdad
    Kinesiology is not just about rehab applications, We are also involved in biomechanics, and we are health scientists. My specific research is looking at Obesity, community based interventions targeting obesity, physical activity and its role in obesity.....
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

Your ignorance is so frustrating.....congrats on your anecdotal evidence, .....anyone can lose 30 lbs on a 500 cal diet....

I don't have any more time for a dim witted individual hell bent on arguing and belittling rather than being involved in a constructive conversation.
  • ambrosij
    What constructive conversation, you come in here flashing around your degrees and you dont expect some smart *kitten* remarks? Im sure there is more to kinseology, but the reference I provided also applied Kinseology to physical therapy, I would guess that physical therapist under grad majors are probably taught by Kinseologists with a doctorate. Any how, the point is not losing weight on a 500 calorie diet, it is doing so without losing significant muscle mass. If you dont have time then stop posting. I assure you Im not at all ignorant, or dim witted. You however Sir are apparently extremely hypocritical. You study obesity, yet you openly admit you are morbidly obese. Is that not a bit like taking finance advice from a black-jack dealer? He deals with money, so he must know what he is talking about. Offer some folks some substantive advice rather than simply attacking a weight loss technique, that while is controversial, is under serious reconsideration by a number of Medical Doctors.

Kinesiology is not just about rehab applications, We are also involved in biomechanics, and we are health scientists. My specific research is looking at Obesity, community based interventions targeting obesity, physical activity and its role in obesity.....

Your ignorance is so frustrating.....congrats on your anecdotal evidence, .....anyone can lose 30 lbs on a 500 cal diet....

I don't have any more time for a dim witted individual hell bent on arguing and belittling rather than being involved in a constructive conversation.
  • LdyGeko
    LdyGeko Posts: 433
    Ambrosi - I agree, what constructive conversation was started here? Thanks to you for always stepping up to defend our choices - this type of person has no interest in hearing about the HCG Diet, they simply want to tell the world how stupid they think some people are and bask in their perceived greater intelligence. (Ah, how often perception is sooooo skewed from reality, at least on some subjects.)

Diaryoffatdad - I guess I should say thank you for your concern, but really...........no thanks. Why don't you go live your life and lose weight your way and just leave the rest of us alone to live our life our way? We aren't interested in your self-righteous, smug references and outright insults.
    What constructive conversation, you come in here flashing around your degrees and you dont expect some smart *kitten* remarks? Im sure there is more to kinseology, but the reference I provided also applied Kinseology to physical therapy, I would guess that physical therapist under grad majors are probably taught by Kinseologists with a doctorate. Any how, the point is not losing weight on a 500 calorie diet, it is doing so without losing significant muscle mass. If you dont have time then stop posting. I assure you Im not at all ignorant, or dim witted. You however Sir are apparently extremely hypocritical. You study obesity, yet you openly admit you are morbidly obese. Is that not a bit like taking finance advice from a black-jack dealer? He deals with money, so he must know what he is talking about. Offer some folks some substantive advice rather than simply attacking a weight loss technique, that while is controversial, is under serious reconsideration by a number of Medical Doctors.

• chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    hey all

Living in ireland so where can i order it from... For u who have been on it and got it from the sites......there is loads of site looking for the correct one..
  • ambrosij
    Google Reliable RX Pharmacy. Order the HuMog version. Supplies from Amazon and Mountain Side Medical
    hey all

Living in ireland so where can i order it from... For u who have been on it and got it from the sites......there is loads of site looking for the correct one..
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    ...how are you ever going to eat within normal (meaning HEALTHY for you -- not overeating) ranges again? once you start...like with your family, regular life, you will likely gain weight. i am sorry, but 500 cals a day is not the way to go for long-term sustainable...or happiness...or normalcy.
  • ambrosij
    Here we go again...500 calories is for at most 40 days. Probably more like 28 or 30. There is an entire science to why it is not depriving your body of calories like you would be if you tried a 500 calorie diet without HCG. Following the phase of the program where you are using the hormone there is three weeks of a 1200 calorie reduced calorie diet where things are slowly reintroduced into your diet. Following that three weeks you increase to your normal caloric limits for the weight you intend to maintain...I think it is a minimum of four weeks before you can do another cycle if needed. Hopefully, in that 60-70 day window you have relearned what your body actually needs to function and disassociated food from anything other sustanance. And if Calories In = More than Calories Out you will ALWAYS gain weight....If Calories Out= More than Calories In you lose weight...pretty simple stuff there. Just going back to normal eating wont make you gain weight. Going back to eating above what your body needs will, which is the case with any diet or exercise program.

...how are you ever going to eat within normal (meaning HEALTHY for you -- not overeating) ranges again? once you start...like with your family, regular life, you will likely gain weight. i am sorry, but 500 cals a day is not the way to go for long-term sustainable...or happiness...or normalcy.
  • ambrosij
    On a personal note, I stayed on the hormone for 28 days and lost 32 pounds. When I came off the hormone I increased calories to between 1200-1500 depending on workout intensity and have been maintaining that ever since. I gained 10 pounds the first week of lifting heavily, mostly from fluid retention, but in the past two weeks have brought that down. Since I started my program I have lost over 6" in my waist alone. Works pretty well for me.

[
This discussion has been closed.