I think my HRM is trying to kill me...

Options
Robin1117
Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
Does anyone use the training programs on Polar HRM?

Mine had me at 6 hrs, then 6 1/2, now this week it changed to 7 hrs, and 3600 calories (I'm on maximize fitness because the other programs seemed light). While I'm killing myself to accomplish this by end of today I'm wondering what the heck this machine is going to tell me next month...8 hrs??

I'd love to know how/why these update the way they do, but I have not been able to find it on the Polar site.

This kind of program doesn't really give me a rest day at all and I'm a little concerned. Wondering if I just ignore it and do what I think is best, since a computer shouldn't tell me what to do....but then again, someone smart probably programmed the thing to make sense, right?

If anyone has insight into how these programs work, I'd love to hear. Thanks!!

Replies

• jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    I'm not going to be any help cause I don't know the answer ...... but just wanted to say your title made me laugh
  • clark114
    clark114 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Polar FT4 and even after reading the manual and going online, I can't set the damn thing. It is so frustrating!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you ought to drop it to a lower setting. "Maximize fitness" sounds like hardcore athlete speak IMO.

My suggestion is to try a lower intensity setting.
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Polar FT4 and even after reading the manual and going online, I can't set the damn thing. It is so frustrating!

Oh noes!
    I'm getting one delivered either Monday or Tuesday!

@Robin1117: I wish I could help,i didn't even know these devices were capable of setting programs lol,I wonder if its true for all the Polar models
  • Robin1117
    Options
    Thanks! I have the FT60 and the training program is cool, and motivating. If I put it at the lower setting (improve fitness, it's too easy). And, originally the maximize program was fine--it's that it keeps updating to more and more as I reach my goal that I think the goals are a bit out-of-control....

It would help to know how it works and why it keeps updating and if it'll ever stop!! Oh my......

mamamango--you'll love your HRM otherwise, don't worry!

clark--I agree, their website and forum are not detailed enough at all!
  • Robin1117
    Options
    well, not much feedback on the polar site either except that 1) it's a black box and the algorithm is based on what you have accomplished and 2) maybe once I reach maximize I don't have to stay there?? and 3) if I were training to be in the Olympics, I'd be at 14 hrs and 7000 calories.....NO THANKS!.

anyway, wish there were more details...if anyone has insight, please chime in!

Maybe I have reached my limit?