OK, posting to keep me honest

Options
Hi all my MFP friends,
I have been on the recovery list for 3 weeks and two days now and I have had a lot of good wishes from a lot of you.
Thank you so much.
The first couple of weeks of not doing anything (but sitting and doing nothing) was kind of ok. I maintained my weight and didn't really gain anything. But then it was like something clicked last weekend. I went to a poker party at my stupid neighbors house who makes all this stupid wonderful food and I ate everything. (just kidding, I do like her, just too much food)
Anyway, it was like I turned on a bad switch and for the last week I have totally gotton off the right path and have eaten anything and everything I wanted and in a week put on 5 pounds!!!:sad:
I kept telling myself that as soon as I am able to work out again, it would be ok and I would get back on the horse and do it right.
So I am here on the eve of the weekend of the getting back onto the right track. I think I needed to come on here and make a posting to get me to stop saying tomorrow and really do it. I have eaten my last candy, last donut, last half a cake, last candy corn and last unhealthy empty calorie unless I have made sure I have worked off the caloried before hand. That was my trick before and I have to get back to it. Now I have to go onto my weight loss counter and put back on 5 pounds so I don't cheat. Tomorrow I go running, so I think tonight as a good faith I will do some of my regular work out to stretch and get prepared. I really hope I can run tomorrow...it will be a test.
So glad to be back...
I think I will update my page now that I have recovered.
SM

Replies

• StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Hi all my MFP friends,
    I have been on the recovery list for 3 weeks and two days now and I have had a lot of good wishes from a lot of you.
    Thank you so much.
    The first couple of weeks of not doing anything (but sitting and doing nothing) was kind of ok. I maintained my weight and didn't really gain anything. But then it was like something clicked last weekend. I went to a poker party at my stupid neighbors house who makes all this stupid wonderful food and I ate everything. (just kidding, I do like her, just too much food)
    Anyway, it was like I turned on a bad switch and for the last week I have totally gotton off the right path and have eaten anything and everything I wanted and in a week put on 5 pounds!!!:sad:
    I kept telling myself that as soon as I am able to work out again, it would be ok and I would get back on the horse and do it right.
    So I am here on the eve of the weekend of the getting back onto the right track. I think I needed to come on here and make a posting to get me to stop saying tomorrow and really do it. I have eaten my last candy, last donut, last half a cake, last candy corn and last unhealthy empty calorie unless I have made sure I have worked off the caloried before hand. That was my trick before and I have to get back to it. Now I have to go onto my weight loss counter and put back on 5 pounds so I don't cheat. Tomorrow I go running, so I think tonight as a good faith I will do some of my regular work out to stretch and get prepared. I really hope I can run tomorrow...it will be a test.
    So glad to be back...
    I think I will update my page now that I have recovered.
    SM
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    Good for you for taking control again! So what that you gained some LB's! Life is full of adjustments! ~And you don't have to "wonder" if you will get back on track...just commit to yourself, then start tomorrow. Starting is the hardest part! Once you get that first day behind you, you will feel like you are on your way and it will motivate you for the next day. After the second day, your motivation will be even stronger!
    Also, if you post again tomorrow with the great news, you will be helping to motivate others to get going! Show us you got the power!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    What recovery list??? What the h#ll happened?
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Aww, you'll do just fine, you obviously know what to do :) An other thing, there is no way u really gained 5 lbs, one day of healthy eating and a bit of exercise will drop that gain down to like 3, i'm sure of it. It has to be at least partly retained water :bigsmile: Good luck dear!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm a bit of the loop. I didn't know you were recovering but I'm glad your feeling better and the recovery went well.
    As for the weight gain don't sweat it. It'll come off easy and you'll be right back where you started. You've done great this far and you will get back on track this weekend.
    Happy jogging:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Oh thanks everyone.
    I am sorry I didn't post back right away, was a little bummed out. I did some stretching and tried to work out, but realized not a good idea yet, so I am still just taking it easy. I am trying to watch what I eat a little better, but I haven't been keep close track. I am sure I can manage to not gain anymore at least until I start working out.