HELP? We are getting a take out for mothers day :(

Options
What Should I order for take out?
what fast food is the most healiest?
or the least calories?

or should I just not order any and miss out :( HELP!

Replies

• Pawsntails
    Pawsntails Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I usually have a small breakfast and lunch and go for an extra walk so I can build up my calorie allowance, then order what I want and try to stay within maintenance allowance. If this is a life style change you deserve a treat
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    id go with have what u want and then maybe an hrs walk to rid lol, happy mothers day:flowerforyou:
  • Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Go to www.dietfacts.com and do your research ahead of time. If you can't find what you want there, just to go your favorite restaurants website and look for their nutrition information. It will blow your mind. But at the same time, it will help you to make a good choice.
  • nikkigiesige
    Options
    Subway!!! Always a great choice...usually everyone loves it!
    Mcdonalds-any of their gr chicken salads are really low in calories and good!
    Wendys-Grilled chicken salads or Grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo

Wherever you go...grilled chicken anything would be good with a few modifications to it (sauce/toppings/bun.etc)
    Or if you really want to pig out-eat light for breakfast and lunch work out that day and you will have basically all your food calories just for dinner!! Thats what i do on pizza days! Good luck
  • owlwomyn
    owlwomyn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Chinese! Steamed chicken or shrimp or tofu with veggies and brown rice and brown sauce. Always works for me.
  • SShay832001
    SShay832001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's actually good to have "fat" days-no more than two a week! It tricks your body that it is getting unhealthy food and doesn't need to store up fat. Treat yourself, but then jump right back on track. The good thing about it is that you will first look forward to these days...after a month, cut back to one "fat" day, before you know it, you will forget about your "fat" days and will be eating completely healthy.
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    Am I missing something or do you live somewhere that celebrates Mother's Day earlier than we do?
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    Am I missing something or do you live somewhere that celebrates Mother's Day earlier than we do?

Its Mother's Day in the UK today, possibly other places too - but I'm not sure about that!
  • pigelty
    pigelty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's actually good to have "fat" days-no more than two a week! It tricks your body that it is getting unhealthy food and doesn't need to store up fat. Treat yourself, but then jump right back on track. The good thing about it is that you will first look forward to these days...after a month, cut back to one "fat" day, before you know it, you will forget about your "fat" days and will be eating completely healthy.

Agreed.
    It's a special occassion and you deserve to reinforce yourself with some foods you enjoy without guilt, calorie/fat counting, etc.

I lost weight several times in the past by allowing myself one day a week to just eat WHATEVER I want. The other days I would eat very healthy and exercise.

Also, went it's consistant that you eat nothing but low calorie, lowfat foods over a significant period of time, your body does have trouble metabolizing fats at a normal rate once. Too much of JUST one thing isn't good.

Go ahead, get what you want. You deserve it. Happy Mother's Day.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My mum decided she wanted pizza hut! Of all things! But I've checked the menu and pre-planned, so I'll be in my calories and enjoy a treat!
    Don't sweat it too much, stay clear of anything fried, drink lots of water and remember to take it slowly. I always find I'm easier to convince to have dessert after I've had a take out, but if I wait a good fifteen, twenty minutes to let the food settle and remind myself to behave, I usually find I'm ok to say no!