Low Cal Food that get you full fast, and long

Options
I have issues with over eating. I am tempted to get appetite suppressants but I wanted to be w/out pills this time. Anyone know of any foods that I can pick up at the grocery store that
a. low calorie
b. fill you up fast
c. fill you up long
???

Or if you have any suggestions about what you do to keep yourself from stuffing face I'd like to know! Thanks:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sillieali
    Options
    I have issues with over eating. I am tempted to get appetite suppressants but I wanted to be w/out pills this time. Anyone know of any foods that I can pick up at the grocery store that
    a. low calorie
    b. fill you up fast
    c. fill you up long
    ???

Or if you have any suggestions about what you do to keep yourself from stuffing face I'd like to know! Thanks:flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    eggs.

eggs are awesome. A large egg has 70 cals. I eat them for lunch often and they defitintely keep me full. I like to scramble em up with some chopped tomato and a bit of basil.
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I make sure I have protein at every meal as it takes longer to digest......
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I like to eat veggies with my protein for example steamed green beans are a great tummy stuffers!

a cup of stemed broccoli will hit the spot with lean meat or tofu!

make sure you at even intervals too - this way you won't be ravenous at any meal and eat just enough!

5 meals a day is a reasonable schedule.
    Options
    Yes I have a low cal wrap that I make myself all of the time
    This makes 2 wraps
    Here is the recipe
    You would make this the same way as you would for tuna
    1 flatout flatbread light original (90 calories)
    1 large. baked chicken breast seadoned any way you want (110 calories) DICE UP
    1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (80 calories)
    2 tablespoons sweet relish (30 calories)
    1 tablespoon salad dressing (70 calories) OR spicy mustard (15 calories)
    Cals. w/mayo 190 for each wrap
    Cals w/mustard 163 each wrap
    remember this recipe makes 2 wraps
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    a. low calorie
    b. fill you up fast
    c. fill you up long
    ???

mmmmmmm......I would say anything with fiber.....if you like things like hummus would be good (chickpeas)....high fiber so it fills you up, mabey air popped popcorn, granola with yogurt, cheese string with an apple......these are a few of my fav's.......
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    That depends on the type of hunger.

If your stomach feels empty, then fiber all fruits and vegetables. More is better.

If your stomach is full, but your head still says you're hungry then protein is what you need. Non or Low Fat Cottage Cheese, Egg whites or egg beaters, shrimp, fish, chicken breast are all low calorie protein sources.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    a. low calorie
    b. fill you up fast
    c. fill you up long
    ???

try high fiber foods they keep you satisfied- appetite suppressants are great at first but then you gain everything back plus more not to mention they dont work forever your body will gain a tolerance for them and they will no longer work-

I love Kashi foods high in fiber and protein and boy are they good- I usually drink a protein shake in the morning 220 calories and eat a banana or I will have a protein bar 150 (i think and a yogurt- For a snack I will eat one of there cookies (1).
    With over eating you have to also gain control as well most people continue to eat even when they are full- I dont know what to say about that but there are foods that can fill you up and keep you full- I eat about 5 times a day 3 meals and 2 snacks if I get an itch to snack in between all those times I eat i chew gum (sugar free) im addicted to orbitz gum. Hope this helps
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    this has been very helpful thankyou!
  • sillieali
    Options
    Ahhh. I'm lovin the ideas. Do you think taking the fiber chews would help with being full by any chance?
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ahhh. I'm lovin the ideas. Do you think taking the fiber chews would help with being full by any chance?

I don't know what fiber chews are but they sound like they might help,plus if they really are chewy then it will keep your mouth busy like gum so you may be satisfied that way as well.....
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    fiber chews are a fiber supplement. I have never taken them. They are a good idea if you have digestive problems or you're not getting enough fiber via your diet but I doubt they would fill you up at all.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem! I eat something healthy for breakfast, like a whole wheat bagel or and eggwhite omelate, and then I go to work and can't eat util like 1:00, and by 1 I am SOOOO empty my stomache feels like it's eating itself and I tend to overeat because of this. It sucks! I wish there was a way to keep my stomache from getting so darn empty feeling
  • sillieali
    Options
    I have this same problem! I eat something healthy for breakfast, like a whole wheat bagel or and eggwhite omelate, and then I go to work and can't eat util like 1:00, and by 1 I am SOOOO empty my stomache feels like it's eating itself and I tend to overeat because of this. It sucks! I wish there was a way to keep my stomache from getting so darn empty feeling

exactly! So ima go to the store and get some of this stuff maybe put it in baggies and carry it through out my day. we'll see!