OMG- the analysis is killing me.

Options
:sad: I got a new job yesterday after being on an extended vacation. So i was pretty hyped and had some wine... had enough calories saved up for this consumtion actually had plenty.. then I had some bread and cheese. This was my celebratory meal..... that lead me to be over my calories yesterday by 800 calories and going to bed after a concert hungry.

I learned something last night that I never realy realised until filling out my chart... wine makes me hungry. I always knew beer and it is higher in calories so I just have wine instead. But bread has too many calories in it it is insane you all were thinking it was the cheese nope didn't eat that much because I knew the fat content.... but the bread..omg.. it make me never want to eat bread again.. eating 4 slices of bread is equal to almost half my aloted calories.. and it's multi grain so you would think woo hoo great fibre and stuff.. ahh it jus makes me need to rant and yelp... argghh I now at least won't do it again.. but I didn't know I didn't know...

Please don't make the same mistake as me.

Replies

• TonyaSyvitski
    Options
    :sad: I got a new job yesterday after being on an extended vacation. So i was pretty hyped and had some wine... had enough calories saved up for this consumtion actually had plenty.. then I had some bread and cheese. This was my celebratory meal..... that lead me to be over my calories yesterday by 800 calories and going to bed after a concert hungry.

I learned something last night that I never realy realised until filling out my chart... wine makes me hungry. I always knew beer and it is higher in calories so I just have wine instead. But bread has too many calories in it it is insane you all were thinking it was the cheese nope didn't eat that much because I knew the fat content.... but the bread..omg.. it make me never want to eat bread again.. eating 4 slices of bread is equal to almost half my aloted calories.. and it's multi grain so you would think woo hoo great fibre and stuff.. ahh it jus makes me need to rant and yelp... argghh I now at least won't do it again.. but I didn't know I didn't know...

Please don't make the same mistake as me.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :flowerforyou: We have all made the same mistakes as you, and the next day we jump back on. Enjoy your treat meals, we need them to stay sane!

Anne
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Agreed!
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I TOTALLY agree! The wines make me ravaged! I could eat the freakin frig after 2...3 glasses of wine!
    I did the same darn thing last night! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :sad: :sad:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Count me in on that.
    Just because you jumped off the wagon for one day does not make you a bad person. We ALL do that and we will ALL do them again!
    Next time though instead on not enjoying yourself. try stopping at 1 glass of wine.
    Try to think of wine as a food and not a drink. Like a cup of soup in a very fancy bowl.
    1 slice of bread AS you eat your meal, NOT BEFORE IT!
    this will help you not mindlessly eat the bread.
    Anyways!
    SO CONGRATS OR THE NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :heart: :heart: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :smooched: :smooched: :love: :love: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TonyaSyvitski
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new job! What a thing to celebrate for! Enjoy your wine, cheese and bread! It's a now and then thing! Don't be too hard on yourself for indulging. If we don't, we'll go in sane. I find the calorie allotment to be a guide for overall weightloss. Make sure you stick to what you're doing and you'll be fine...as long as cheese, bread and wine don't constitute your entire diet!