Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wii Zumba - how good is it?

:happy: My Wii Zumba arrived yesterday and I am going to use it for the first time today. I have being using the DVD's since Christmas and have lost 20lbs. I just want to see what people think of the Wii Zumba.

Replies

• slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    I don't have it but would love to know what you think of it!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    I do ZUmbA on the Wii and totally love it. You will get addicted lol. I have been doing that for a while. I just got Just Dance 2 today. A lot of fun too!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    I do ZUmbA on the Wii and totally love it. You will get addicted lol. I have been doing that for a while. I just got Just Dance 2 today. A lot of fun too!

I'm the opposite. I've had Just Dance 2 for ages, but got Zumba for the Wii yesterday. I'm going to try my Zumba today... I may not be able to walk tomorrow!!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    I am waiting for it to come to the UK and want it badly, so would love to know what you think of it
  • It's available in the UK. I live here and ordered it from Amazon, it only arrived yesterday so it is new to the UK this week.
  • Great. Just done my first wii zumba for 60 mins and burnt off 300 calories. I love it already!
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
    I got mine in the post yesterday pre ordered at Amazon only had a go for 10 mins last night but I love it and will be on it lots today! What do you log it as?
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    I am waiting for it to come to the UK and want it badly, so would love to know what you think of it

It is available. i got mine yesterday from HMV. :-)

It's brilliant, it such a good workout, i only did it for a little while, but could really feel it working. I was actually going to start a thread asking if anyone knew roughly how many cals you burn.
  • I wear a heart monitor so I can enter exactly the mins and calories I burn.
  • EmRobo
    ws having a dumb moment, I remember it saying it was being released in UK 1st April....going off to find it now ( I go to zumba twice a week too)

Ta girls x
  • EmRobo
    whoo hoo just ordered it!!
  • jmminmn
    jmminmn Posts: 28
    I love my game. Borrowed it to my sister a couple weeks ago...she loves it too. Now I just need to get it back!
  • SweetBeth
    SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
    I have been wanting to try Zumba! I went to a class last week only to find out it was cancelled. I may just go ahead and order it on Wii. Looks like a lot of fun. :-)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    is it similar to the dvd? i use the dvd once a week at home and think its quite good, has the cardio party and sculpt and tone. However, i dont think it matches to the atmosphere u get in a class (i go once a week).
  • mblanch
    mblanch Posts: 81 Member
    I've had my first go on it today and I really enjoyed it. just did a 20 min slotm which is really good for me before work. My other wii fitness game is about 60 min a session which makes it harder to fit in :)

Zumba has different levels of difficulty and time and works out plans for you :) Its great (and a real bargain of a price from amazon)

I really need to get a HRM tho (any suggestions of which ones, would prefer it from amazon, then send them my way!)
  • I got Zumba for Kinect... I LOVE IT
  • EmRobo
    I got mine today and I love it, I just tried it for 5 mins, but add this to my 1-2 zumba classes a week I will be skinn before you know it ha ha!!

I want a good HRM too, but they are so expensive!
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Had my first go today! I started with the tutorial but wanted to get on with a class, so only learnt the first few moves - I think it's pretty easy to get the hang of. It was doing something as I got a stitch!

Didn't get on with the belt, far too big!

I've logged it as dancing, aerobic can't think what else I could put it as
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    I got mine on wednesday. I did the 20 min beginner party. I didn't stop sweating for an hour! Then I did the no 2 easy party one yesterday which seemed easier, so switched back to no1 tonight and I have rivulets of sweat pouring down my neck! I love it! Off for a tepid shower! And I could feel the abs in the bottom of my stomach this morning :happy: