nursing mommy

Options
i am trying to lose weight while nursing, but am not to sure on how to go about it successfully. from today onward i plan on getting back to my old routines, the pregnancy cravings really had an effect on my postnatal cravings. i never even craved sugary snacks like i do now, giving this up is going to be rough.

Replies

• jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    Welcome!!!!! this is a great place for postive motivation!!!! I havent had a coke or soda since january and I feel amazing!!! no sweets just healthy food, it takes time to get into it just stay commited to losing weight and you'll do just fine!!!!
  • Lullaby_Melodia
    Lullaby_Melodia Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi you might find this article helpfull http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-try-to-lose-weight-while-breastfeeding_2602.bc

I decided to wait untill my son was 1 year and I had stopped breastfeeding before trying to lose weight. I lost quite a bit anyway very gradually without really trying and now he's 1 I am a lot stricter with my diet. As long as you do it slowly while breast feeding it's fine and always make sure to drink plenty...

Good luck and congratulations on the little one :)