Where to buy hcg?

Options
Hello!

I have been thinking more and more about using this diet, and I have seen several posts about getting drops that were fake. I was considering www.myhcgsource.com - they are the least expensive, but they may be fake. Has anyone tried them with success or obvious failure? The other one is www.myhcgplus.com. I am pretty sure that people have had success with this one, but it's a bit more pricey.

Also, if anyone out there has PCOS with success on this diet, I'd love to know. I am taking the Insulite supplements, metformin, spironolactone, wellbutrin xl, a vitamin, and vitamin D. This equals almost 30 pills per day. I know that the insulin resistance and hormone issues begin reducing after 5% or more weight loss, but that is so hard to get! I don't think I'm interested in long-term use (won't know until I try), but if I can get started, I already have great exercise plans in place to keep me going once I am on my way.

Thanks for any info you can supply - no negative posts, please. When you have done all of the healthy stuff, take the correct medications, exercise, and are still about 80 pounds overweight with a medical condition you are trying to reverse, well, that should be enough. :)

Replies

• bcweisen
    bcweisen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Chiropractors office or on-line. But DON"T DO IT! Most people I know (including myself) have been unable to maintain the maintenenace phase and end up gaining all the weight back or even more. It's really cool to see the numbers go down everyday and you can do anything for 3 weeks, but it just doesn't work long-term. There needs to be a lifestyle change to lose weight and HCG is definitely not that.
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I dont know about the hcg but I have read that a low GI diet is good for woman with PCOS... Slightly off track :wink:
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Save your money. Seriously.
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Gimmick. Save your money.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    no replacement for hard work & diet!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    HCG is prescribed through MD. Ask your doctor about it. It must be administered under doctor supervision and it is very expensive(almost $2000 for one month). HCG is a drug and therefore cannot be sold over the counter.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    PCOS is positively impacted if you reduce your intake of carbohydrate.
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    One thing I have come to accept recently is that weight gain is not fast, it takes time, and in the end I am sure it is fully worth it, you are on here and you have lost weight so you must be doing something right. I have read a little about HCG and it does sound drastic and I always think healthy natural ways are better unless you have a medical condition which requires such measures.

At the end of the day it is up to you which paths you choose in life but I am sure there are plenty of people on here who will give you help and advice on what you are already doing and what could help you.

Good luck whatever you do.
  • jmhigg1020
    jmhigg1020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I very much appreciate the concern, and I'm not completely sure that it's what I want to do. I do know, however, that I have done the work with no results. I lose a very small amount, not the 5% needed to start reversing the issues that cause this, and I have to find a way to get this rolling to continue on this path. I have 80 pounds to lose that I have been working on for a very long time, like a few years. I have started the Insanity DVDs, I have a trainer that kicks my butt at my house each week, I was working with a health coach specializing in PCOS for a while, I am followed by an endocrinologist and OBGYN and general physician, I take 30 pills a day, and I'm just looking for something to give me a boost to get moving a little more. I do not plan on changing the healthy things that I do, and I do not plan on doing this long-term. For anyone who knows what PCOS is and what the symptoms are, I have all of them pretty severely. I want to start going to church again, but I have to have at least one day per week where I don't have to shave my face because I get razor burn so badly. At this moment, my husband is outside mowing the lawn and my children are outside playing in this beautiful Charlotte weather, but I'm inside because it's Sunday - I don't want to talk to any of the neighbors because I haven't shaved today. This is just the start of a whole other host of issues - I don't want to sound like I'm ranting or that I don't appreciate every comment here. While I haven't made a final decision, I am entertaining other options because I'm getting to the end of my rope here.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    The drops are a complete waste of time. The injections, maybe not so much, but I am still very skeptical. Basically for the injections you need to go through a doctor, which should be seen as absolutely necessary if you are going on a 500 calorie a day diet anyway. That means you need to pay the cost of the doctor and the injections. Save your money and lose weight in a way that can be maintained. Just so you know, there is no regulation of the drops so you never know what you are getting, and even then the weight loss clinics that use it, all use the injections not the drops AFAIK.
  • mnkarp
    mnkarp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    please don't use this. It is not safe.
  • manjibar
    manjibar Posts: 2
    Options
    I have PCOS... I have been seing a loss in my weight and I am doing it by takeing natural "Eveinging Primrose Oil/ Flaxseed Oil both of which are great and help not oly regulate the hormones but also remove the cysts that build up in the overies... also Cinnamon is also a great help to Insulin Resistance... I have lost 40 lbs alone in takeing natural herbal medicines and eating a healthy diet... Such as Oat but RAW Oats... More Raw Veggies and Fruits but I stay away from high suggary Fruits... More like Berries which also have a great nutritional value for Digestive track as well as circulatory... All of which are important for intakeing the vitamins you need on a daily basis...
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    HCG is prescribed through MD. Ask your doctor about it. It must be administered under doctor supervision and it is very expensive(almost $2000 for one month). HCG is a drug and therefore cannot be sold over the counter.

Sure you are not thinking about HGH (human growth hormone) not HCG (Human chorionic gonadotropin) they are quite different things.
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure that, although HCG can produce drastic and rapid results in weight loss, it's unsustainable. As soon as you're off of it or eat normally, you'll gain weight back.
  • jmhigg1020
    Options
    no replacement for hard work & diet!

I agree with you completely - I work my tail off to get to where I need to be. I have had nutritionists look at the things that I do and they don't understand why I can't lose weight because they don't understand the mechanics behind the issue. My trainer has been able to show me the NSVs that I have in my workouts, and you'd never know by looking at me that I can do push-ups like a guy, I can box, I can run, and I can lift weights with the best of them.
  • bcweisen
    Options
    I very much appreciate the concern, and I'm not completely sure that it's what I want to do. I do know, however, that I have done the work with no results. I lose a very small amount, not the 5% needed to start reversing the issues that cause this, and I have to find a way to get this rolling to continue on this path. I have 80 pounds to lose that I have been working on for a very long time, like a few years. I have started the Insanity DVDs, I have a trainer that kicks my butt at my house each week, I was working with a health coach specializing in PCOS for a while, I am followed by an endocrinologist and OBGYN and general physician, I take 30 pills a day, and I'm just looking for something to give me a boost to get moving a little more. I do not plan on changing the healthy things that I do, and I do not plan on doing this long-term. For anyone who knows what PCOS is and what the symptoms are, I have all of them pretty severely. I want to start going to church again, but I have to have at least one day per week where I don't have to shave my face because I get razor burn so badly. At this moment, my husband is outside mowing the lawn and my children are outside playing in this beautiful Charlotte weather, but I'm inside because it's Sunday - I don't want to talk to any of the neighbors because I haven't shaved today. This is just the start of a whole other host of issues - I don't want to sound like I'm ranting or that I don't appreciate every comment here. While I haven't made a final decision, I am entertaining other options because I'm getting to the end of my rope here.
  • jmhigg1020
    Options
    please don't use this. It is not safe.

I was thinking about it after meeting with Maria - she had ordered it and was going to try it. I haven't talked to her in a while so I don't know what the result was of it. She got it right after our last session in November. I can't help but entertain the thought today - I'm having a tough day and want to be outside, but I just can't.
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hard Cocaine Group? Is this run by Charlie?
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

Sure you are not thinking about HGH (human growth hormone) not HCG (Human chorionic gonadotropin) they are quite different things.

I do believe I got it right the first time.
  • bcweisen
    Options

I have some of the same PCOS issues, but not significantly. My friend does a ton though. There are 2 natural supplements that work to balance your hormones. One is Vitex (do not use if you are trying to get pregnant), the other is cramp bark (safe if trying). I took the cramp bark after a miscarriage to get my hormone levels back to normal and it really worked. Recently started it again cause I'm all out of whack. Also, there are thyroid helper supplements that may help you as well.

Also, are you eating enough? Sounds like you are working out really hard and if you're not eating enough you're throwing your body into a starvation mode that is completely counter-productive. You likely need at least 1200-1500 calories net (that means eating exercise calories) to help your body let go of the stored weight.

PS HCG is a hormone. All of your PCOS issues are hormone-based. I think going with a hormone-based weight loss system might mess your own hormones up even more.