Wii Zumba - how good is it?

Options
:happy: My Wii Zumba arrived yesterday and I am going to use it for the first time today. I have being using the DVD's since Christmas and have lost 20lbs. I just want to see what people think of the Wii Zumba.

Replies

• slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I don't have it but would love to know what you think of it!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I do ZUmbA on the Wii and totally love it. You will get addicted lol. I have been doing that for a while. I just got Just Dance 2 today. A lot of fun too!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I do ZUmbA on the Wii and totally love it. You will get addicted lol. I have been doing that for a while. I just got Just Dance 2 today. A lot of fun too!

I'm the opposite. I've had Just Dance 2 for ages, but got Zumba for the Wii yesterday. I'm going to try my Zumba today... I may not be able to walk tomorrow!!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for it to come to the UK and want it badly, so would love to know what you think of it
  • annabellesmile
    Options
    It's available in the UK. I live here and ordered it from Amazon, it only arrived yesterday so it is new to the UK this week.
  • annabellesmile
    Options
    Great. Just done my first wii zumba for 60 mins and burnt off 300 calories. I love it already!
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I got mine in the post yesterday pre ordered at Amazon only had a go for 10 mins last night but I love it and will be on it lots today! What do you log it as?
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for it to come to the UK and want it badly, so would love to know what you think of it

It is available. i got mine yesterday from HMV. :-)

It's brilliant, it such a good workout, i only did it for a little while, but could really feel it working. I was actually going to start a thread asking if anyone knew roughly how many cals you burn.
  • annabellesmile
    Options
    I wear a heart monitor so I can enter exactly the mins and calories I burn.
  • EmRobo
    Options
    ws having a dumb moment, I remember it saying it was being released in UK 1st April....going off to find it now ( I go to zumba twice a week too)

Ta girls x
  • EmRobo
    Options
    whoo hoo just ordered it!!
  • jmminmn
    jmminmn Posts: 28
    Options
    I love my game. Borrowed it to my sister a couple weeks ago...she loves it too. Now I just need to get it back!
  • SweetBeth
    SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try Zumba! I went to a class last week only to find out it was cancelled. I may just go ahead and order it on Wii. Looks like a lot of fun. :-)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    is it similar to the dvd? i use the dvd once a week at home and think its quite good, has the cardio party and sculpt and tone. However, i dont think it matches to the atmosphere u get in a class (i go once a week).
  • mblanch
    mblanch Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've had my first go on it today and I really enjoyed it. just did a 20 min slotm which is really good for me before work. My other wii fitness game is about 60 min a session which makes it harder to fit in :)

Zumba has different levels of difficulty and time and works out plans for you :) Its great (and a real bargain of a price from amazon)

I really need to get a HRM tho (any suggestions of which ones, would prefer it from amazon, then send them my way!)
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I got Zumba for Kinect... I LOVE IT
  • EmRobo
    Options
    I got mine today and I love it, I just tried it for 5 mins, but add this to my 1-2 zumba classes a week I will be skinn before you know it ha ha!!

I want a good HRM too, but they are so expensive!
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Had my first go today! I started with the tutorial but wanted to get on with a class, so only learnt the first few moves - I think it's pretty easy to get the hang of. It was doing something as I got a stitch!

Didn't get on with the belt, far too big!

I've logged it as dancing, aerobic can't think what else I could put it as
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I got mine on wednesday. I did the 20 min beginner party. I didn't stop sweating for an hour! Then I did the no 2 easy party one yesterday which seemed easier, so switched back to no1 tonight and I have rivulets of sweat pouring down my neck! I love it! Off for a tepid shower! And I could feel the abs in the bottom of my stomach this morning :happy: