New to C25K One Question?

Options
How can I log this into MFP? do I log it as walking or jogging or half and half? Could others who've done the program offer their advice please.

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I logged the time I ran, and the time I walked, separately. So, the first one was maybe 20 minutes walking at 3.5mph and 5 minutes running at 5mph, or whatever speed you go.

I admit, I guessed a lot the first few times, because I didn't keep good track of my times. That got easier as more running was involved. Less math. :laugh:
  • Emilyanne6081
    Options
    get a HRM---it'll change your life. no joke.

-cheers
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! You'll really like the C25K!

For logging it, I log both walking and jogging. So, if the workout is Walk 5 minutes, Run 20 minutes, Walk 5 minutes, I log 20 minutes jogging and 10 minutes walking.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    The easiest way for me was to purchase a sports watch that recorded the time of exercise and the calories burned. It is not an exact count but it did have a stop watch function that allowed me to stop the time and save the number to record after exercising. That helped me to keep better track.
  • aaronbyard
    Options
    I have a GPS that tracks time and distance, so I just log it as however many minutes with whatever my average speed is. I have a HRM also, and I use mapmyride to track cycling and running, so I usually take their calorie information since it's lower than MFP's.