Sucking it in?

Options
So this may sound like a weird question BUT i'll ask anyways :)
At the moment i weigh 168, but ever since i was young i have always been "sucking it in" so i don't look more than 150 (apparently).
My question to you guys IS do you suck it in? when you're posting progression pictures, are they of you "sucking it in" or no?
Please apologize my oddness. xD

Replies

• lcamero2
    lcamero2 Posts: 52
    Options
    I felt really tempted to suck it in on my beginning pictures but then I realized im only tricking myself and it will make my future weight/inch loss less noticeable in the pictures.. so no.. i didn't suck it in lol
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Haha! Great topic :) I've found that when "sucking it in" in bathing suit pics, my tummy just looks contorted, not flat =/

Hopefully soon enough we won't have to suck it in!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I tried not to for my "before" picture... but apparently I failed on the sideways shot. :smile:

I absolutely suck it in for most pictures, but for pictures specifically to show progression... it would seem kind of... :huh: ... wrong.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I am, but not to where I can't breathe. It's just natural for me to have my stomach muscles tight. I can't stand women who let their gut fall over their pants or whatever...when they can just train themselves to tighten the muscles.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I tried not to for my "before" picture... but apparently I failed on the sideways shot. :smile:

I absolutely suck it in for most pictures, but for pictures specifically to show progression... it would seem kind of... :huh: ... wrong.

Not really, because you can only suck in so much when you're lots bigger. All I know is I no longer need to wear my Spanx! WOOT!
  • LizWolter
    LizWolter Posts: 10
    Options
    Lol, you're not alone--I always have too. I haven't taken any pics, but I think as long as your consistant--s'all good!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I don't suck it in, but I do contract my abs...because I want to see that definition dangit!! :)
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    For my before and after pics absolutely not. But for candid pics or portraits I totally do. But I also pretty much hold my gut in all the time. I would never just stand around let it all hang out when I can stand up straight and keep things looking better.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I always suck it in... haha. Even at my lowest weight ever (which was quite thin) I still had a little pouch on my stomach that stuck out and bothered me. So, I have always just kinda sucked it in to combat that, and now it just happens subconsciously, I don't even think about doing it.
  • burnthemoff
    Options
    I am, but not to where I can't breathe. It's just natural for me to have my stomach muscles tight. I can't stand women who let their gut fall over their pants or whatever...when they can just train themselves to tighten the muscles.

Thats exactly it! its just so natural to me that its not like " oh picture! suck it in!" its just always sucked in haha xD
    Glad someone understands me :P
  • daisy89
    daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't, at least not for progress pictures. I feel like the other poster said, if I did I'd just be cheating myself.

You can also totally tell when someone has, there's a huge concave spot right between their ribs and upper abdomen,
    when you see that caved in you know they've sucked their tummy in.
  • SweetP88
    SweetP88 Posts: 79
    Options
    I don't...I just stand nice and tall with good posture and contract my abs.
  • deraser
    deraser Posts: 7
    Options
    yep, everyone does that :)