Hello (New here) and need advise please!!! =)

Options
I ate tons of food all day today and I am new at this and really want to get this weight off. I ate 1118 calories and I ate all day every 2 hours and I am stuffed right now. My net calorie intake after exercise is 176. Is that ok? I have been sitting around and not going out of my way to do any exersise and just started my diet last Monday. I weigh 227 pounds and I want to be healthy. I am trying to eat lots of food that is healthier than a bag of chips. Anyway, I am planning to drop 2 pounds a week until I reach my healthy weight. It will take me almost a year to do this and I want to make sure what I am doing is right, I also want to know if you have any advise. I am very big in the tummy area and it grosses me out! I am dedicated to this and have no desire to cheat at all. I am so full and after I walk 4 miles I am built up with energy and have no disire to eat but I make myself eat anyway. Any advise, encouragement or stories are helpful. I am finding there are not many XXL people like me on here and I have 80 to 90 pounds to drop. I am in hopes that maybe I can find some people that have or are on this same long journey as me. I dont care to be skinny I just want to be healthy. Thank you!

Replies

• cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    Hope that you enjoy this site as much as I do. best of luck achieving your goals :flowerforyou:
  • cjreesejr
    cjreesejr Posts: 22
    Options
    Im here for you if you need any support or advice just ask me questions.first thing you should do is dont look at yourself as a XXL person anymore..thats discouraging and that last thing you should think or see..Look at yourself as a changed person.It mostly mental buddy. A lot of us might not be where you are but we were there and can relate. Just keep up the motivation and hard work!
  • sunflowerhcb
    Options
    love this website! I have about 80 pounds to lose. You can add me if youd like. This website is very helpful. I hope you the best.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! There are some great tools here and great people for mutual support. The hardest part is getting used to logging everything you eat AND balancing it out with the exercise you do. I'm a little confused though...if you ate 1118 calories and have a net of 176, what kind of exercise did you do today that burned over 1000 calories? I only burn between 400-700 calories a workout and am usually completely wiped out...
  • Quaneshia1983
    Options
    Hi, I started off at 276 October of last year and now I'm down 56pds with only 50pds to lose before June. So I know how it feels to be where you are. This community is so encouraging that you will want to get on here everyday to put in your results. So if you want to add me as a friend we can encourage each other. Its okay if you slip up just dust yourself off and try again. God bless and keep up the good work.
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I ate 1118 calories and I ate all day every 2 hours and I am stuffed right now. My net calorie intake after exercise is 176. Is that ok?

NO!!! That is WAY too little food. You need to be eating back most - if not all - of the calories you burn through exercise. Read the two links in my signature for a couple of good explanations why. You can absolutely reach your goals and MFP can help you do it, if you follow the program the way it is set up. Good luck and please let me know if I can ever answer any questions for you.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    IWelcome ! I am sending you a friends request ! We are all on this journey together !
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! There are some great tools here and great people for mutual support. The hardest part is getting used to logging everything you eat AND balancing it out with the exercise you do. I'm a little confused though...if you ate 1118 calories and have a net of 176, what kind of exercise did you do today that burned over 1000 calories? I only burn between 400-700 calories a workout and am usually completely wiped out...

Was wondering the same thing...

If you are working out hard enough to be burning 1000 calories you definitely need to be eating more than 1118 calories a day.
  • aangrisani
    Options
    Hey, I have 80lbs to lose and many people can relate. This is an amazing website. I have been on it for the last month and it truly has made a difference in my life. Add me as a friend, we can motivate eachother
    Try to eat hraltcthy and watch your portion sizes. Don't go crazwy with work out and the scale. Go by what you feel right and what is healthy.
  • GeekMomma42
    Options
    Welcome. This community is great. I've got almost 70 lbs to lose to get to my first goal, so I right there with you. I have found the tools on the site are great, and there is a lot wonderful, helpful, motivating people here. Good luck with your journey! You can do it!! If you want another friend to join your support team, feel free to add me.