Sigh.

Options
I went to the gym and rocked 40 minutes on the elliptical.

Then? I are a burger and fries and felt disgusting.

Sigh. I have no will power.

Replies

• toxicat
    toxicat Posts: 79
    Options
    No worries, I've done this before too. I'm sure a lot of people have. Just make better choices next time :) It helps to eat a little bit before you work out, and drink tons of water to stay full so you won't get that hungry feeling to begin with.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel, some people claim exercise is an appetite surpresant.... not for me it aint!!! i get so hungry after a good work out its unreal. i had to stop using a gym i was in a few years ago because of its location, there was a chip shop (i;m in the uk) opposite it a kfc and pizza shop behind it, over the road from them was another pizza place and a chinese takeaway and walking home i passed another pizza chop an indian restraunt that did take out and 2 more chinese take aways. and of course because i'd been working out for a couple of hours there was always a voice in my head saying that i'd earned a treat.

will power is not my friend, but i think we passed in the street once. feel free to add me
  • beboudreau
    beboudreau Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We have all done it, it tastes disgusting after working out hard. Just remember the way it tasted next time you want to have the burger and fries!! Good luck!
  • shaheenery
    shaheenery Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, I'm totally guilty of this behavior too. Why does McDonald's smell and taste better after a good workout...those jerks.

A friend recommended that I keep a "kind of unhealthy" snack in my car or gym bag for this kind of emergency. I really like granola bars / peanut bars that taste like they are unhealthy, but are still kind of good for you like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Planters-Bars-Roasted-Triple-5-Count/dp/B001OCKIBY

Nice little chunk of protein (good after workout anyway), doesn't have too many calories, has the "good" fat. Urges gets sated and I get home and eat something a LOT healthier than fast food.

If protein bars were cheaper / tasted better that'd probably better...but its working so...close enough.

Good luck.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has been there.

What works for me is having dinner ready to go home to (if working out at night). I sometimes go home, put dinner on and then come home and it is ready, or I have some leftovers that I know are just there ready for me, and I'd feel guilty if they went to waste. It is a great idea to have something in the car like already suggested, just takes the edge off and can get you through.

Good luck.

GG
  • mls37390
    mls37390 Posts: 7
    Options
    Oh well, we've all done it. Just be happy with yourself for spending 40 mins exercising.
  • Tandy1965
    Options
    I know just how you feel I do the same thing and then feel terrible afterward. I worked out and then sat on my but for the rest of the day. I feel like a slug and can't seem to find my motovation. I think it's because I have my dead-lline of ten pounds looming and I haven't lost enough.. It sucks when you can' even stay motovated long enough to meet one goal!!
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCKED 40 MINUTES ON THE ELIPTICAL!!!! Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!! Good for you! :D

Nothing wrong with a burger now and then, so stop giving yourself a hard time about it :(
    You wanted it, you got it, now you don't crave it anymore ;) If it really bothers you, you can work it off with exercise over the next few days, or you'll do your best to make some extra good healthy decisions this week ;)
    So... was it a 500 calorie burger or a 1000 calorie burger? ;)LOL!!!
  • LovelySarah7
    Options
    This has happend to me PLEANTY of times. I know the feeling. but as a few people said eat something lite before going to the gym and drink a lot of water to stay feeling full. If you need support im here!
  • kvetchingeditor
    Options
    Thank you EVERYONE for the support. I'm trying to get over it today. Ugh.

I always work out at night, so I think the idea of having dinner ready makes total sense. That's a really great tip. I always tried to keep a snack in my car, too, like dark chocolate (my downfall) almonds (healthy!), but it got to the point where I was keeping other non-healthy snacks in my car and I just felt ... gross.