Zumba... Your thoughts?

Options
babyworms
babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
Hey hey :)
I was thinking about ordering the Zumba DVDs and stuff to do at home - it's coming into winter and soon there will be no more nice walking weather, so i wanted to get ready now...
I was just wondering what other people think of Zumba, and whether anyone has tried it at home.
Do you think it's worth the money to buy the kit?
Thanks!

Replies

• jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have it on my xbox 360 kinect....love, love, love it. The work out is great!
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    I have some Zumba DVDs - really great fun to do!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I am not at all co-ordinated and some of the moves I just cannot do yet but that being said it is fun and when I can't do a move I just keep moving around until they get to something I can do
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    just got the demo for the kinect, so far the juries out, its certainly good fun, but i'm never a fan of anything on a screen expecting you to follow it that then makes you turn away from the screen to do the moves, i imagine the dvds will do the same. one thing i do know is i cant wiggle my hips and my arms at the same time i look like i'm being electrocuted!!
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love zumba.. If you can't get to a class at your gym then yes, I would recommend ordering the DVD's. :bigsmile:
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have just bought the dvds to do at home.. cant wait lol
  • wolsteem
    wolsteem Posts: 17
    Options
    Zumba for the Wii has just been released in UK, got it last week and it's fab. I have done Zumba classes before and it certainly got me working as hard as the actual class at the gym.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    hate it! but that's just me. i reckon it's lame, and if i wanted to learn to dance, i'd do a proper dance class, not a zumba. the only class i hate more at the gym is step. anything else, pretty much i'll do!
  • chelvid
    chelvid Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love zumba. I do a class once a week and just got zumba for the wii yesterday and it is great
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    love it , i do the class twice a week also have it on the wii too love it, plus i feel like i can exercise fro hours when doing zumba even though im sweating after an hour
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Love the Zumba class, the short series DVD's are not for me. I would suggest getting the larger set that comes with the hand weights or get the game they are more fun!
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone :)