Almond Butter vs. Natural Peanut Butter

Options
2»

Replies

• snowwhitee
    Options
    Almond Butter is so good! The only problem I have is that I can't find one in a crunchy consistency, but I made the switch from peanut butter to organic almond butter and I love it
  • mrswibbs
    mrswibbs Posts: 31
    Options
    I 've heard almonds are meant to be healthier than peanuts, and high in Omega oils.

Having said that, as long as it's RAW peanut butter, I don't think you can go far wrong :smile:
  • Dawn111567
    Options
    Please share the how too of homemade peanut and almond Butter!

I buy roasted salted almonds in bulk. Throw them in a food processor (just make sure you don't add all that extra salt on the bottom of the bag), turn the food processor on for at least 5 minutes. I also add some liquid splenda to it. Very rarely do I add oil because if you let these process long enough the natural oil in the almonds will become apparent. You really need to be patient with the food processor because it does get very chunky and dry looking but eventually it turns to butter. If you do find that it is too dry and you have processed it for close to 10 minutes, I would add a tiny bit of oil in. I have only had to do that once and that was because I was using raw unsalted almonds.