I need to lose 100 pounds. long journey.

Options
casi_ann
casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
I started a weight loss plan 2 weeks ago and lost 9.5 pounds the first week. My second weigh in is actually tomorrow morning, but weighed myself today because i wanted to join my fitness pal and lost another 1.5 pounds as of today. I wish there was a way i could backtrack by two weeks so I can get my true starting weight. I have about 100 pounds to lose. I started at 235 pounds and should weigh between 125 and 135. So I have 90 pounds more to lose to get within a normal weight range. When I was in my teens and early 20's i was a size 6 and weighed about 105 pounds and believed I was fat. I started dieting at that time each time losing weight and later I would gain it back plus i would gain back another 10 or more pounds until I got to my current weight now. I'm only 51 years old and showing the signs of wear and tear on my body from all this excess weight including pain in my joints and shortness of breath. My doctor told me I have 6 months to prove I can get my cholesterol down to a normal range and start losing some weight or he wants to put me on medication. I said I could do it if he gives me the chance. He told me to do this I would have to work up to 30 minutes of exercise 5 days per week and eat a low fat diet. Like I already said, It will be 2 weeks tomorrow that I started the weight loss and my husband found this site for me tonight so I joined. Well thanks for listening :)

Replies

• modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Please start by eliminating any processed foods form your diet. Don't take the low fat to mean buying everything on the shelf that advertises low fat! Eat real food and shop the outside aisles!
  • _LDM_
    _LDM_ Posts: 81
    Options
    You can do it! Please start by eliminating any processed foods form your diet. Don't take the low fat to mean buying everything on the shelf that advertises low fat! Eat real food and shop the outside aisles!

Exactly! Low-Fat product soften add sugar, chemicals, etc. Healthy, whole foods are the way to go!
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response modernmom and ldm . Great job on your weight loss. I appreciate your advice.
  • _LDM_
    Options
    Oh! By the way, I'm trying to lose close to 100 too. We can do it!
  • deuce3Degotrip
    Options
    You can do it!! I need to lose about the same amount so trust, I believe in you!! Eat real food and get some cardio going to burn the fat. Don't forget your strength training along the way. It may seem boring but the more muscle you build, the more calories you burn. Also, don't be too convinced by these crash diets. You need Carbs, Fats, and Proteins to survive. Cutting out too many carbs will leave your body starving for energy, not allowing you to complete your excercises. Trust me... I've been there!!

Be encouraged!!
  • lnosgood
    lnosgood Posts: 92
    Options
    Glad you chose to join! This site is EXTREMELY helpful and has a lot of useful information to help you achieve your goal. I've been on here for 4 weeks now and so far i'm down 13 lbs. Was supposed to weigh in today, but wasn't able to make it to the gym. So i'm not sure what i'm down so far this week. Only tips I have for you are be accountable for what you eat. Make sure to log EVERYTHING you put in your mouth, whether it's 2 bites or the whole thing. Every little bit counts. Feel free to add me as a buddy since we are both striving for the same 100 lb goal. I started out at 230 and need to get to 130ish to be in my ideal weight range for my (super short) height. :)
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thank you and it took me 10 long months and I am now in the last 10 pound plateau. and I excercise alot! I have been way ligher than I am now many times in my life but have never been so fit!
  • _LDM_
    Options
    You can do it!! I need to lose about the same amount so trust, I believe in you!! Eat real food and get some cardio going to burn the fat. Don't forget your strength training along the way. It may seem boring but the more muscle you build, the more calories you burn. Also, don't be too convinced by these crash diets. You need Carbs, Fats, and Proteins to survive. Cutting out too many carbs will leave your body starving for energy, not allowing you to complete your excercises. Trust me... I've been there!!

Be encouraged!!

You are NOT the first person to say this about carbs! I have been doing a low carb diet for a few weeks and I absolutely love it! I actually feel like I have more energy and my weight-loss has been more substantial! Unless something changes, low-carb is the way for me!
  • Fit4848
    Fit4848 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi

i am in the same boat i need to lose 100 pounds too i am 250 and want to get to 150
    i have been small when young 115 and over the years from 4 childreen now i am 250
    going up and down tired now just want to live well and be me again.
    need friend to go with me on this weight lost goal.

thanks
  • Fit4848
    Fit4848 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the encourageing words.
  • mphwizzkid
    Options
    Im glad you joined. You will love the site.

Good Luck on your journey. 2 weeks in and your already doing great!

Welcome!
  • punky82600
    Options
    Welcome to the site ita a great site i also started 2 weeks ago and my first week i lost 11lbs i also weigh in tomarrow for my 2nd week just keep up the good work you can do this just use the food tracker it has really help me keep focused good luck and please keep in touch let me know how the journey is going ever need to chat im here. :happy:
  • babytmarie27
    Options
    I agree!
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    I think this site would be a great encouragement to you.. My goal is 60 lbs and I'm nealy 20 lbs down now. I have been on this site for about a month and a half... You can friend me if you'd like. :O) WELCOME to MFP.
  • KATE509
    KATE509 Posts: 25
    Options
    Wow your off to a great start! Keep up the good work! I am similar to you. Just joined this yesterday but I started out at 220 lbs. Over the past year I have gone down to 184 and exercising 60 minutes a day. Currently resting an achilles injury but that was my fault...lol! I am 48 and live in Missouri. A tip that worked well for me was that every day I walked, even if only around the block twice (in the beginning). By making sure I did something every day no matter how small, I built up a mental attitude and eventually I started increasing slowly all my acitivites. Now I run 3 miles 2-3 times a week with an hour of cardio most other days (when Im not injured). You can do it. I want to get to 140lbs so I have a ways to go but I am determined to do it.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    When I started I had 122lbs to lose, which seemed pretty impossible, & my fitness level was so poor that I could hardly manage 2.5mph on the treadmill for more than a couple of minutes. 5 months later I only have 54 pounds to go and ran 2 miles straight for the first time last night! It might seem like a long journey, but truly, if you keep at it and don't let yourself give up, you'll get there!