Why is it so hard!!!

MzChiz
MzChiz Posts: 70 Member
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
Ok so a few days ago I began to take this site a little more serious but I'm having a very hard time reaching my calorie goals!!! Now I know for sure that if I were eating all of the same "foolishness" that got me this way in the first place.....it wouldn't be so hard!

Prior to marriage, I worked out twice a week.....6 days a week. I was truly an addict!!! It took a friend to get me off my behind this time and start working out....because I refuse for her to be hotter than me lol! But all and still I can't seem to reach my calorie goals. Can someone PLEASE HELP!!!!

Replies

• jkees4854
    jkees4854 Posts: 10
    I'm in a local weight loss group and one of our tricks is to just cut everything you eat by 1/4. So if you usually get a sandwich and chips - no chips. 2 cups of coffee? Try 1. Eating out? Ask for a "to-go" box when your meal is served and immediately pack up half of it, (money saver too!) I'm a foodie as well, so I totally sympathize with what you're going through. Eat what you love, just eat less. :o) Good luck! You're on the right track!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    ARE YOU EATING ENOUGH?

You should eat your calories from exersise back! on days i know i'm going to the gym, i log my exersie in the morning , then have bigger meals those days!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Good luck on your journey
  • TankiBabi
    TankiBabi Posts: 40 Member
    Make sure you are eating something every 2-3 hours you are awake. I plan out my whole day so I know what I am eating. Make sure you are getting enough protein through out the day if you are exercising and weight training. Another thing that has helped me is to keep my calories fluctuating every day. High one day the next low. Also plan out your meals for the week. It can help make sure you are getting enough calories and without going over. You will be surprised by the things you can eat when you plan the meals out. I love making my own versions of meals from my favorite restaurants.:tongue:
  • MzChiz
    Great advice! I'll give it a try!!! Thanks!
  • MzChiz
    Thanks for the info.....definitely didn't know all of that! I appreciate the help!
This discussion has been closed.