Hello and Help

Blondy
Blondy Posts: 7
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there

I have just joined and am suprised at the amount of calories I need to consume during one day. Please can someone explain why this amount is so high? I will find it really difficult to eat that amount of food in one day!

Thanks so much

Replies

• Blondy
    Hi there

I have just joined and am suprised at the amount of calories I need to consume during one day. Please can someone explain why this amount is so high? I will find it really difficult to eat that amount of food in one day!

Thanks so much
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    how many calories is it saying you should eat? are you trying to lose or gain weight? How many calories does it say that your body needs to just do its basic daily duties like breath? How many calories do you eat everyday?

It isnt hard to eat calories as long as you are eating everyday. My husband couldnt understand how someone could go over 1200 calories a day then one day i put down everything he ate in one day and in that one day he had ate 3000 calories he was blown away (good thing he doesnt need to worry about his weight cause if he ate like that every single day he would pack on the pounds)
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    If you don't consume enough calories (at least 1200 a day) your body will go into starvation mode and start storing food as fat because you are depriving it. The more you eat (healthy that is) the more your body has to work to digest it and then in turn speeds up your metabolism. If you have a physical job or exercise daily than your daily total will increase because your body needs to fuel up to make up for what you are burning.
    My total is 1200/day because I sit all day at my job - so I try to consume about 300 cal per meal and then have a couple of low cal snacks throughout the day. As long as you get in breakfast (which will kick start your metabolism each day) you really shouldn't have a problem getting in the amount you need.
  • Blondy
    Thanks for your response's the calorie counter on this website is telling me that I need to consume at least 3100 calories a day and I sit all day at work. I really don't know how I am going to be able to eat all that food :happy: but I will give it a go.

I am trying to lose weight but not a huge amount only about 6 kilograms so hopefully this will help me.

Thanks again for your reply's

Michelle
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Thanks for your response's the calorie counter on this website is telling me that I need to consume at least 3100 calories a day and I sit all day at work. I really don't know how I am going to be able to eat all that food :happy: but I will give it a go.

I am trying to lose weight but not a huge amount only about 6 kilograms so hopefully this will help me.

Thanks again for your reply's

Michelle

3000?!? Are you sure you input the write data? The normal amount is somewhere around 2000, or bellow. I am 58kg (about 128lbs) atm and I think I need to eat about 1400cal when I don't exercise, so that I lose just a bit (1 pound a week)
This discussion has been closed.