HELP PLEASE

Options
I seriously want to lose 100 pounds!! :sick:

When I started college I weighed 205 pounds and was comfortable at that weight. :ohwell:

When I got married I was about 215, I wanted to lose weight! :indifferent:

After the wedding and pre-pregnancy I weighed 226 pounds!! I was seriously considering dieting and exercise, but was never motivated. :frown:

Post-pregnancy I weigh a whopping 260 pounds!!!! I am so depressed about the weight gain. I have no motivation, no energy, and no help! :embarassed:

I am looking to get to 200 again, and hopefully get down to 170-180. This seems so impossible!! How can I convince myself that it is possible for ME?! :brokenheart:

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Just take it one pound at a time. I suggest setting a realistic goal of 215, and then go from there. Thinking way ahead will get you overwhelmed, but concentrating on pound at a time will help you go with the flow and before you know it will have lost 5, 10, then 15 pounds, and the momentum from that will help keep you going.
  • daniellefsc
    daniellefsc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This site is very helpful. I've only been on here for a week and have already lost a few pounds due to watching what I eat. The people on here are very supportive. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can encourage each other :)
  • agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I started this journey 14 months ago at 222 pounds. I have lost 84 pounds and still have just about 8 to go. I can't blame the weight on my babies, as they are 9 and 12 now. It just took the motivation to do it. I feel better, I have more energy for my family, my husband has also dropped weight, my whole family goes on bike rides for fun now (which is great!), and I am off blood pressure medicine and not having health issues anymore. It is worth the effort to be around to see your kids grow old. You are worth it and you can do it! Start by modifying your diet using this website. It isn't easy, but it is do-able. Once you have that change made, in a couple of weeks, start adding in activity - go for a walk after dinner, or whatever you like to do with your family. You don't have to run marathons (though I've found that is fun, too), just do something. You CAN do it!
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi You are making the right step using this site for starters, I have found counting calories along with a tonne of support works wonders. You can lose your 100lbs its is more than possible, so far I have actually began to enjoy exercising o_O and I have a much healthier relationship with food. I see it as fuel for my body, its much easier to avoid that cookie or processed food if you really think whats in it, and wether it will satisfy you.

Make sure you set yourself small achievable goals, if eating 1200cal or whatever is too hard at first reduce your intake gradually, drink plenty of water and set yourself exercise goals.

You can and will do this !!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    well you're here so that's the first step. Get some friends and start with small steps, like 30 min of exercise 3x a week and a reasonable amount of calories and maybe 3 healthy new meals a week. :) Do that for 3 weeks then build it up...

You didn't gain all that weight at once so you have to have realistic expectations.

You can do it!!!!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    To quote a cliche... every journey begins with a single step. Set a goal of 5 pounds. start to make healthy choices and biegin a gentle exercise regimen and you will see great progress. Good luck!
  • Aperyan83
    Aperyan83 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kinds words of encouragement!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I started with the goal of 100 pounds off as well. It's a tough goal to face so, as others have already said, just focus on the first 5, 10 or 15. Or do like WW does and use percentages (5%, 10%, etc). Whatever works best for you!

Also as others have already said, you've made a huge step already by recognizing that you need to make a chance and becoming a member of this website. You'll be amazed how just writing down your food daily will help keep you in check.

And the message boards are great for getting supprt, tips, etc.

Best of luck to you!!
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yes, you CAN do this. Small modifications and adding in exercise, it all builds up. Just as it slowly built up in weight gain, you can slowly decrease your weight. Gradual behavior modification. To suddenly change from sedentary to 1200 calories, gym 6x a week for 2 hours each time might be an intense and complicated change. If you try 3x a week with a 1500-1800 calorie (or whatever your preferred intake is...) and work it in there, you will have a stronger chance at success. Change is more readily accepted if it is gradually introduced. You can do this, mama. You have a kick butt support system here and a great tool at your fingertips with this site. There are plenty of great ideas on this site via it's fantastic member base for food, exercise and life attitudes, all you need is the will, desire and drive to tap them and make it your own. You can do it! Kick some scale!!!!