Replies

• tekroncke
    tekroncke Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I refuse to grow old gracefully!!
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanx for starting this thread, love reading these!
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    For food
    Do not need. Do not want.

As in do not need the extra calories and do not want the extra fat any more :laugh:

For working out
    I've always got one more in me. One more minute, one more rep, one more interval...
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    I have had several people I care about die due to Obesity.... I simply remind myself that I do not want to be next
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I find myself saying outloud: "I don't want that!". I look at those calories and if I have room for them I may calculate the same calories in a 'good' snack and have that instead.

I don't deny myself, if I have room for the 'DEVIL' snack I may have some, but not often. Remember this lifestyle is supposed to be sustainable. You are going to want that cake, pie, etc... at some point, don' deny yourself a portioned piece sometimes. That's what makes life worth living. Just remember you goals and lifestyle you are striving for at all times.
  • ThePinkSheep
    ThePinkSheep Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Mine is:

"Discipline is remembering what you want"

And I want to fit back into my spagetti strap dress I wore on our honeymoon. I even made a graphic card with a pic of me in the dress (when I was skinny) with my 'mantra' next to it. I take it with me to the gym and set it on the treadmill.