Planting a veggie garden with love!

Options
My mom "85" just passed last week and in her memory I planted an amazing veggie garden. :heart:

She always ate whole foods and lived a healthy and full life. I hope to continue her legacy of good

health and feed my family organically grown veggies from my back yard garden. :smile:

I found a site that lets you plan and create the garden using their software free for a month.

If you wanna check out my garden (just finished planting it today) or plan your own...go to:

<a href='http://www.plangarden.com/share/share.php?userFile=lavendersunday' target=_blank alt='My Vegetable Garden Plan'>My Garden Design</a>

God bless mom! :heart:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

Mi

Replies

• Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My mom "85" just passed last week and in her memory I planted an amazing veggie garden. :heart:

She always ate whole foods and lived a healthy and full life. I hope to continue her legacy of good

health and feed my family organically grown veggies from my back yard garden. :smile:

I found a site that lets you plan and create the garden using their software free for a month.

If you wanna check out my garden (just finished planting it today) or plan your own...go to:

<a href='http://www.plangarden.com/share/share.php?userFile=lavendersunday' target=_blank alt='My Vegetable Garden Plan'>My Garden Design</a>

God bless mom! :heart:

Mi
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a wonderful way to remember your mom and instill her values in your kids too. :flowerforyou: What veggies will you plant? I love carrots and corn and beets and sweet potatoes...mostly the starchy tuberous kinds hehe :smile:
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    Songbird if you go to the link I tried to post you can see the veggie garden I designed.

I planted a 20x20 garden with all the veggies we love to eat...tiny red skinned potatos and sweet potatos too!!

It was easy to plan and fun to execute. Some patches like the watermelon, cantelope, and corn patches are prepared...not planted but come spring will be planted.

It is fun looking at other peoples gardens too...you can share it or keep it private and it is free!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Songbird if you go to the link I tried to post you can see the veggie garden I designed.

I planted a 20x20 garden with all the veggies we love to eat...tiny red skinned potatos and sweet potatos too!!

It was easy to plan and fun to execute. Some patches like the watermelon, cantelope, and corn patches are prepared...not planted but come spring will be planted.

It is fun looking at other peoples gardens too...you can share it or keep it private and it is free!

Would love to see the garden plot site and especially the one in memory of your :heart: Mom:heart: .....I've been unable to get the link to work for me though :sad:

If you check back here would you be so kind as to PM it to me Lavender? THANK YOU:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

What a beautiful idea in memory of your Mother, something that will live on and flourish for all of you.......:heart: very loving idea:heart: !:flowerforyou:
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    I have created a layout of the garden I planned and planted yesterday in memory of my mom :heart:

with Plangarden's free online application. If you would like to see it go to:

http://www.plangarden.com/share/share.php?userFile=lavendersunday

You may have to drag the rust colored plot toward the center of your screen to view it.

Wishing you all good things! :smile:

Mi

P.S. Create your own at http://www.plangarden.com
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Mi, that is such a wonderful idea. Your mom sounds like a very special lady and that is a lovely way to honor her memory. :heart:

I am not much of a gardener - the most I have ever managed were some green beans a few years back. What I really need is a site that will let me put in the information about my yard and what I want to grow and then have it tell me exactly what I need to do and when! :tongue:

Take care. :flowerforyou:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options

I am not much of a gardener - the most I have ever managed were some green beans a few years back. What I really need is a site that will let me put in the information about my yard and what I want to grow and then have it tell me exactly what I need to do and when! :tongue:

I used to always have a tomato and a strawberry plant. Until a few years ago when Mom said no, because they kept on dying. That's a good idea for a website.

My best friend... her mom grew cucumbers and made them into pickles

I send good thought s to you for Mom:heart: