HCG Diet

Options
15678911»

Replies

• azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    ...how are you ever going to eat within normal (meaning HEALTHY for you -- not overeating) ranges again? once you start...like with your family, regular life, you will likely gain weight. i am sorry, but 500 cals a day is not the way to go for long-term sustainable...or happiness...or normalcy.

Ok now I'll jump in...if that were the case, which it's not when I'm on maintenance and eating 1500-1800 calories a day and the first two times I was on maintenance I didn't workout I would have gained it all back and then some which wasn't the case in fact I stayed within a 2-4lb range below and above my lowest weight. So your theory I'm sorry is wrong. I understand concern when you haven't researched but you are wrong. If you follow protocol you will be able to add back in all the healthy grains and starches and even a few treats every now in then in moderation of course and not gain it all back.

**Also losing what I did is what has given me the confidence I needed to begin working out in the first place so everyone including the post after mine please quit putting all who use other routes in the same category most use this as a tool to gain that spark back they have been missing and once found are able to change old bad habits.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    My personal belief is that with HCG medifast most all VLC diets should only be for people with 15-20lbs to lose ... its a quick fix its not a lifestyle change droping weight that quick doesnt even give you time to learn new healthy habbits ....... If you feel you can live on 500 calories a day for the rest of your life enjoy your drops, bars, packets and shakes. I'd rather eat better foods and not starve myself. Oh and when you do stop enjoy the yo-yo of gaining back all you lost and more .......
  • ambrosij
    ambrosij Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Refer to my post above...using HCG with the Protocol as written does teach you healthy eating habits, very healthy actually, and slowly adds in components to the diet over a 60 to 90 day window. So whats the difference between losing weight over the course of a year or two and then five years later gaining all the weight back or losing weight over six month period and the gaining the weight back a year later? Ill give you the answer...nothing...one Yo Yo's string is longer than the other, in both cases the subject has returned to their unhealthy eating habits, regardless of how they learned how to eat during their diet.

My personal belief is that with HCG medifast most all VLC diets should only be for people with 15-20lbs to lose ... its a quick fix its not a lifestyle change droping weight that quick doesnt even give you time to learn new healthy habbits ....... If you feel you can live on 500 calories a day for the rest of your life enjoy your drops, bars, packets and shakes. I'd rather eat better foods and not starve myself. Oh and when you do stop enjoy the yo-yo of gaining back all you lost and more .......
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    on adverage it takes 66 days for a habbit to develop you can drop a lot of weight in 2 months on a vlc diet and still not know ish from shineola ....... i just wish people would realize there is no magic pill or drop diet and exercise is key to a healthy lifestyle
    Refer to my post above...using HCG with the Protocol as written does teach you healthy eating habits, very healthy actually, and slowly adds in components to the diet over a 60 to 90 day window. So whats the difference between losing weight over the course of a year or two and then five years later gaining all the weight back or losing weight over six month period and the gaining the weight back a year later? Ill give you the answer...nothing...one Yo Yo's string is longer than the other, in both cases the subject has returned to their unhealthy eating habits, regardless of how they learned how to eat during their diet.

• ambrosij
    ambrosij Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I just wish people will realize that not everyone can lose weight in the same way. You are only on a VLCD for about 30 days. the next three weeks increases calories to 1200, followed by a month of normal eating with exercise. More weight to lose? Then after that 80-90 day process you can start again. Just because something didnt work for you, wether that be HCG or any other program doesnt mean that it wont work for someone else. There is no single solution.
    on adverage it takes 66 days for a habbit to develop you can drop a lot of weight in 2 months on a vlc diet and still not know ish from shineola ....... i just wish people would realize there is no magic pill or drop diet and exercise is key to a healthy lifestyle

• azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    Options

So what your saying is...that's your opinion. I get that and respectfully disagree. I understand that you "think" that's the case but I will say most that I have met here and in "real life" are not doing this and going back to old habits in fact from what I see most move on after losing a good amount to different workout programs and routines and eating cleaner and "normal" calorie ranges because they are excited and motivated by the weight loss. It is after all just a tool and there is no magic pill and you have to make changes or it will be regained as with anything else out there. Good luck on your journey I sincerely wish you the best.
  • SweetBeth
    SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey I just have a quick question. I'm researching different diet options now, mostly centering on low-carb diets, but I'm intrigued by hCG.

So how overweight do you have to be in order for the doc to write you a script for hCG?
  • Ktylerw
    Ktylerw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm on it right now and it's hard, but very do-able. I have lost almost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. What it does is detox your body and resets your metabolism at your new weight at the end. i would reccomend it, my friend also did it and had succes. she has kept the weight off. what the drops do is tell your body to 'eat' excess fat when it doesn't have enough calories. if you did the 500 cal diet without the drops, your body would eat muscle. i can honestly tell you that i have my muscle that i had at the beginning, and i can still see it as well. if you have any questions you can send me a message or add me as a friend! hope i helped!
  • Ktylerw
    Ktylerw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    there isn't a certain weight, you can order it online.
  • Bonnie1974
    Options
    Hi All,
    Day 6 and down 2 real lbs lost. Since I gained about 7 when I did the splurge days.

I have been doing my best to stay focused and be strong, and so far so good. Saturday did have a wedding and couldn't bring my food with me to the table since it was a resturant, but ate small portion and only meat and veggies. the rest looked good and smelt even better but i stayed strong..

See what tomorrow brings..

Does anyone in Canada know where to buy flavored Stevia?
  • SweetBeth
    SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Do any of you who had a successful experience have before and after pics?
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

I have before and in progress pics.............
  • LdyGeko
    LdyGeko Posts: 433
    Options

I think I have some before pics and can take a current "in progress" pic to post. I'll check our digital camera tonight and send you a PM. I can see why you'd like to see actual pics....
  • Bonnie1974
    Options
    Hi All,

Maybe you can help me. I am day Day 7 into my drops, and for the first time today I am feeling really off. I have taken A pack of Stevia thinking it might eb low sugars, and then ate more bread sticks, but still not feeling good.

I don't feel hungary at all, just my tummy is not feeling good and either is my head..Did anyone else feel like this.

Also I am 200 lbs and wondering 500 calories is this normal for a girl my size????
  • LdyGeko
    LdyGeko Posts: 433
    Options
    I never had any issues like that at all, other than a slight headache the first week. It could be totally unrelated to the diet - could be an intestinal flu coming on -

or if it is blood sugar, Stevia won't help that, and I don't think the breadsticks will either - have you tried eating any orange or drinking a bit of orange juice or pineapple juice? If it is blood sugar, that should fix it right quick.

There is no different caloric intake or dosage change based on size/weight. That being said, if you have a really active job (like my husband, he works on his feet all day in a factory) you might consider adding extra protein..... My hubby is 263 (started at 305) and he eats double the protein at each meal, which puts his caloric intake around 900 a day....
    Hi All,

Maybe you can help me. I am day Day 7 into my drops, and for the first time today I am feeling really off. I have taken A pack of Stevia thinking it might eb low sugars, and then ate more bread sticks, but still not feeling good.

I don't feel hungary at all, just my tummy is not feeling good and either is my head..Did anyone else feel like this.

Also I am 200 lbs and wondering 500 calories is this normal for a girl my size????
  • Bonnie1974
    Options
    Thank you LdyGeko,
    I have a sit my bum down job all day. So not active at all. Mind you I did go for a walk last night, so not sure if this is part of it.

I will try the orange juice or pineapple juice and see if it helps.

And continue on with my 500 calories and hope for the best..
  • lilviotch
    Options
    I do but I don't know how to transfer them from facebook to here!! I have some from three weeks ago and it blew my mind when I saw the difference!!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

Here are a couple of pics for my before pics and my during pics............. More pics to come as I transform my body even more.

Before (taken February 26, 2011):

CoraFrontView-Before1-26-2011.jpg

During (taken last week):
    IMG_20110328_122106.jpg
  • roandpat
    roandpat Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree...the fast weight loss is the boost so many of us need to be motivated. To see progress fast and get you to a place where you feel more comfortable to incorporate work out into your lifestyle.
    I am on day 8 of the vlcd and have lost 9 lbs and feel so motivated to move forward. Once I am done on my drops I plan to start yoga and step aerobics but had not done so before my HCG because I felt wayyy too self conscious about my body to be IN those classes.....but I know after this my confidence will be there.
    There is SO MUCH information online about this diet and it is VERY easy to get confused and there are still things I am working out and learning along the way. All I know is that for my husband and I, this has brought us closer together as a team and opened our eyes in such a big way as to HOW we have eaten in the past and why we are both overweight.
    For US, the weigh loss each day is testament to something working and we are headed in the right direction. AFTER the drops we are both FULLY aware that we will have to work out and continue to WATCH the calories we eat.....and I think that is what this diets does for so many is open their eyes to the intake of food and to make better choices. For us, we are very happy we are doing it, have seen amazing results from others at work that have done it and on youtube there are so many great stories of people on the same journey. To each his/her own I say and no need to bring someone down if this is working for them....when so many other options did not.