New to this

Options
I was just convinced to go on here by my friend. I have struggled with my weight all my life and have always gone about loosing it the wrong way. But this time I am going to do it the right way. I know everyone has there reasons why they are on here but here is mine, For the past few Sundays me and my family (mom, daughter, and fiance) have been going to Six Flags. Well both weekend we had a problem with me fitting on the rollercoasters. It is soo embaressing and my Fiance got upset one time and I just cried. today is my 27th birthday and the first day of my weight loss attempt. I hope to be 100lbs by this time next year!! I want a new hot birthday body for my birthday next year!! I want to be able to go with my family and ride any ride I want to and not have to worry about maybe not fitting!! If anyone has any advise or tips please let me know!! THANK YOU & GOOD LUCK!!

Replies

• spankywife
    spankywife Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou:
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This site is amazing if you follow counting you calories and throw in some excersing (i do 3 classes a week yoga, zumba and Hip hop I also walk at lease an hr a day)

I have been a member since Jan and have lost 22 pounds... i could of lost more but im not perfect hehe i do allow my self one cheat day a week but this is mostly used up when i go out on girls nights with my friends :)

Friend me if you like and we can do this together!
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! Im adding you :) PS im the library assistant tehe lol
  • simplylava
    Options
    Great job to already starting and setting a goal! i just started today too! but have lost 35 pounds since November with help from MFP (myfitnesspal) best thing ever invented!

feel free to add me and we can motivate eachother :) && this goes to anyone else!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • chessiepeveto
    Options
    THANK YOU!!
  • jojodaly
    jojodaly Posts: 8
    Options
    Congrats for making the decision to join. I found this site from friends as well and find it an excellent companion. I have to say that at time you will want to quit, although just remember we are all here struggling with our weight in similar positions as you.

When those times come, just take a break for a couple of days and get right back up on the horse. The issue is when you take a break you feel bad and don't want to start again, you need to change this mindset. It is ok to take a break and then start right back up again. Gaining a pound on a break is better than coming back in a few months having gained 10, 15 or 20 pounds.

This is a lifestyle, for those of us who struggle with weight, not just a diet. We need to learn to keep ourselves accountable for the rest of our lives. This site will help us with that.

Happy Birthday and I hope you loose what you want by your birthday next year!