What does your spouse or significant other do to support you

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
In your quest to lose weight???? Me and my husband are like the best of friends (if he cant tell me the truth even if it hurts who can right) we are very blunt we say things to each other that might hurt someone else-

Im not really big I just want to drop the 9lbs I gained since he came home and i want to go for a different goal weight (if I dont like it I can always gain some back) anyway
my guy will be like is that whatever really worth it I want a truck to have I dont want to have to buy one cause my wife is a huuuuge ( we laugh about it)

He looks at pics of me before I lost my original 30lbs that was before MFP and he tells me wow babe you were huge-- that keeps me motivated cause im not goin back to that--

My husband was the guy who when I was at my biggest told me I didnt need to lose weight then when i lost the weight the truth came out and I have thick enough skin to take what he had to say basically he told me I was a rhino with two A**es yeah blunt I know but it keeps me motivated cause during that time i didnt think i was big but low and behold I was huge. That keeps me motivated I also yelled at him and said why the hell didnt you tell me he said "how am i supposed to tell you that your fat" I said you say babe step away from the fridge you dont need that and you need to workout-

I like honesty i dont want him beating around the bush--

I remember one time his friends were commenting on my weight loss and one was like you werent that big and My guy turned around and said Yeah right man she was huuuuuuuuuge and you know it-- I can laugh about that but it also motivates me to never gain those 30lbs again EVER--

So what does your spouse boyfriend, fiance, significant other do to keep you motivated

Im sure some of the things that my guy says to me you guys think that he is an A** but Im no angel either when it comes to him if I have something to say I say regardless of feelings cause if you cant be truthful to your husband or wife then who are you gonna be truthful with?

Replies

• mrsyac2
    Options
    In your quest to lose weight???? Me and my husband are like the best of friends (if he cant tell me the truth even if it hurts who can right) we are very blunt we say things to each other that might hurt someone else-

Im not really big I just want to drop the 9lbs I gained since he came home and i want to go for a different goal weight (if I dont like it I can always gain some back) anyway
    my guy will be like is that whatever really worth it I want a truck to have I dont want to have to buy one cause my wife is a huuuuge ( we laugh about it)

He looks at pics of me before I lost my original 30lbs that was before MFP and he tells me wow babe you were huge-- that keeps me motivated cause im not goin back to that--

My husband was the guy who when I was at my biggest told me I didnt need to lose weight then when i lost the weight the truth came out and I have thick enough skin to take what he had to say basically he told me I was a rhino with two A**es yeah blunt I know but it keeps me motivated cause during that time i didnt think i was big but low and behold I was huge. That keeps me motivated I also yelled at him and said why the hell didnt you tell me he said "how am i supposed to tell you that your fat" I said you say babe step away from the fridge you dont need that and you need to workout-

I like honesty i dont want him beating around the bush--

I remember one time his friends were commenting on my weight loss and one was like you werent that big and My guy turned around and said Yeah right man she was huuuuuuuuuge and you know it-- I can laugh about that but it also motivates me to never gain those 30lbs again EVER--

So what does your spouse boyfriend, fiance, significant other do to keep you motivated

Im sure some of the things that my guy says to me you guys think that he is an A** but Im no angel either when it comes to him if I have something to say I say regardless of feelings cause if you cant be truthful to your husband or wife then who are you gonna be truthful with?
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't do much to motivate me. :grumble: I keep asking him for weights and/or workout equipment of any type and he tells me I don't need it. He tells me if I want to exercise to put the kids in the double stroller and go for a walk. Which I do, but I need a new routine!
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    My husband doesn't do much to motivate me. :grumble: I keep asking him for weights and/or workout equipment of any type and he tells me I don't need it. He tells me if I want to exercise to put the kids in the double stroller and go for a walk. Which I do, but I need a new routine!

I got my dumbells at target and walmart- My husband didnt buy my stuff I did it- I dont have time with going to work fulltime- So I just workout at home I even bought myself a cheap elliptical that I used everyday 6 days a week for months but I am burnt out from the elliptical so I just do circuit training dvds or taebo amped that uses weights while doing cardio- good luck
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    you know guys are silly- some dont want you to lose weight because they are worried about the attention that you may get when you do lose weight- its called insecurity- My guy is a very jealous type but so am I but he likes when the guys he works with tells him that I look good and what not and I too like that attention
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Mine initially wasn't as supportive as he is now, but he never discouraged me. He just was bothered that I became the 'food police' and got on him about HIS habits as well. When I stopped that, he became very supportive and even joined in. He's now training for a half-marathon with me and when I told him he could run with a faster pacer, he said "I don't care about when I finish, I'm just doing this to run with you." Even though we both work a LOT and I have school, he always makes time to train even when I'm not around because he's really serious about finishing with me. He also makes healthy dinners and always takes me shopping with him so I can help pick out the healthy stuff. He always tells me that I'm beautiful now and I was beautiful when I was heavier (I was about 145 when I met him), but also tells me he can see a big difference in my body now and points out little things like if my stomach looks slimmer. Gosh he's awesome. :love:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

just a quick note regarding weights.....grab something in your house to use as weights....will work the same.....figure out what weight you need to be lifting to start and glance in the cupboards and see what ya got!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Eats all the food before I get a chance to get to it!! :laugh: :laugh: He is so good like that! :grumble:
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Mine initially wasn't as supportive as he is now, but he never discouraged me. He just was bothered that I became the 'food police' and got on him about HIS habits as well. When I stopped that, he became very supportive and even joined in. He's now training for a half-marathon with me and when I told him he could run with a faster pacer, he said "I don't care about when I finish, I'm just doing this to run with you." Even though we both work a LOT and I have school, he always makes time to train even when I'm not around because he's really serious about finishing with me. He also makes healthy dinners and always takes me shopping with him so I can help pick out the healthy stuff. He always tells me that I'm beautiful now and I was beautiful when I was heavier (I was about 145 when I met him), but also tells me he can see a big difference in my body now and points out little things like if my stomach looks slimmer. Gosh he's awesome. :love:

Thats so sweet-
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Eats all the food before I get a chance to get to it!! :laugh: :laugh: He is so good like that! :grumble:

Mine bought a box of these amazing, soft, delicious white chocolate pumpkin cookies...and hid them from me! I really did appreciate it though because it saves me from the temptation. Of course they don't look great around either of our wasitlines LOL:tongue:
  • mrsyac2
    Options

Mine is a junk food king- talk about self control we have a junk food cabinet that is full of snacks and cookies for him and the girls- I dont even put my healthly snacks in there so im not tempted
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Mine is a junk food king- talk about self control we have a junk food cabinet that is full of snacks and cookies for him and the girls- I dont even put my healthly snacks in there so im not tempted

I am sorry but we would need a BIG lock for that closet!! MY DH has to have our daughter sneak in icecream. It has become a family joke. When she needs gas money she shows up with chunky monkey! Of course he has lost 11 pounds with out trying:grumble:

He has started to go to the park with me on the weekends and holds one dog while I jog with the other. My lab was howling for her turn yesterday!!!
  • mrsyac2
    Options

I am sorry but we would need a BIG lock for that closet!! MY DH has to have our daughter sneak in icecream. It has become a family joke. When she needs gas money she shows up with chunky monkey! Of course he has lost 11 pounds with out trying:grumble:

He has started to go to the park with me on the weekends and holds one dog while I jog with the other. My lab was howling for her turn yesterday!!!

Thats cool that you two workout together- my guy doesnt need to he is ridiculously fit it gets on my nerves but thats ok he has a hard time gaining weight (i got that one in the bag lol) Im actually ok with the junk in the house I dont deprive myself i just think is it really worth it and if i can spare the calories i am down for it
  • AshleySeay
    AshleySeay Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    He comes to the gym i work at at least 5 days a week. He tells me how good i look, cooks healthy food for me, shows me new things to try in my diet and workout routine, and looks absolutely amazing, so i have to keep up. Yea... I pretty much have the best boyfriend ever! I just put a couple pictures of him on my site if you wanna see what i'm talking about!! :tongue:
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    At first, my hubby was like " you don't need to lose any weight - I love you the way you are!" Then when I started actually losing weight and he started noticing, he is totally helping me! I think he sees how happy I am when I lose even a half a pound and wants to share in that. He even started cutting up fruit at snacktime ( I have a 2 year old) instead of pulling out the cookies, cause he knows I need snack time too! He has it easy though, I am allergic to wheat, so when he brings home his "treats' they usually have wheat in them and I can't touch them anyway. So no temptation for me!
  • Periphria
    Periphria Posts: 358
    Options
    My husband keeps track of how much of each item he puts into things when he cooks and he tries to bring home treats for all of us, but makes sure mine are 100 calories or less. I can just picture him reading all the labels at the grocery store. I'm very lucky in the husband department.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: There is NO way I could ever list all the ways Ezzie is so incredibly supportive of me! :drinker: Her gentle humor, her thoughtful approach, her kind and loving ways, aye yup... impossible! :heart: But, perhaps, the very bestest thing she does to be supportive, is to make me be honest with myself (like when I don't wanna be)! After that, it's all icing on the cake! :love: (her fave part of the cake by the way, hehehe...:wink: ) She has the mostest beautiful soul I have *ever* known.
    love_quotes_graphics_b4.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    gotta hurry and write the good thing.....lol

I went to the grocery store yesterday, grumbling I had the whole house to clean, put away the groceries, do the dishes, etc and I was NEVER going to find the time for my 3 mile walk.

When I returned from the grocery store the house was sparkling! :love: He even mopped the floor!

So heres to a good day in marriagedom!!:drinker: :drinker:

OOOH I almost forgot! He said, NOW you have the time to go to the walking park BU_BYE!!

LOL
  • irreligiouspiety07
    Options
    She oinks at me when i eat.

Yeah.
    But it is motivation! HAHA
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    She oinks at me when i eat.

Yeah.
    But it is motivation! HAHA