What should i eat later a salad?

Options
I am only at 981 calories today and my daily goal is 2,240 calories based on my weight so i still have 1,259 calories to go. I already had dinner and i logged a popsicle that i haven't yet even eaten which i plan to later. What else should i do.. this is like day 5 that i can't get over 1,500 calories.

I don't know how they estimate calories/weight but i thought that seemed high 2,240 calories/day. Any thoughts?

Replies

• halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    peanut butter on some wheat bread will help get the calories up a bit...and it's good!
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You should try eating a larger breakfast and lunch, instead of saving up a ton of calories for later in the day. (I'm guilty of this, too. :))

If you don't feel like eating all those calories, don't worry about it for today. Maybe recheck your goals on MFP and see if you can set it at 2 lbs a week to give you more of a challenge. Or change the activity level to sedentary?

You should eat enough to have a net of 1200 calories today if you can. If not, no biggie. Just don't repeat that tomorrow and the next day. Start adding some high protein, high fiber foods to your diet. (They are healthy but also tend to be calorie dense.)
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but maybe some almonds or cheese stick? Don't know what you've already eaten, but proteins are essential. I don't seem to have a problem meeting my calorie intake. :o)
  • adpape
    adpape Posts: 7
    Options
    A salad is good but maybe try adding some lean protein (fat free lunch meat or a boiled egg/egg whites) and some grains. There are some great recipes that also use whole grains in salads. Quinoa is a great grain to eat cold and it's high in protein.

I would try to increase your calories a bit, 981 doesn't seem like much if you are supposed to have 2240/day I would shoot for min 1800 because you don't want your body to go into starvation mode, then you won't lose anything. Try to eat protein/fat/carbs for every meal.

I've been using Jackie Warner's book "Why you're fat, and how to get thin forever". She suggests 5 meals a day. If you want the breakdown, send me your email, I made a little chart. It's a "clean" diet but it seems to be working really well for me AND I'm over my sugar addiction!!